Pics of your Ambulance. Post Up!

cjken

Explorer
I saw that Vortrac but wasnt familiar with it. I didnt bother to weigh them individually but if the scale ticket from the freight company was correct, they're pushing 200#s a piece. Trying to mount them, I believe it. The ticket was 980#s for 5 on the skid. Even if the skid weighed 40#s that still works out to 188#s per tire/rim/beadlock combo.

Personaly I dont see hem as all that aggressive. More of a mild M/T or fairly aggressive A/T, though I doubt they're much good in that dept. Actually probably not all that great in either dept as the military is all about multi-use, usually creating stuff in the process that isnt all that much use in any of the "multi" categories.

I'm guessing they arent much good for you in the sand. I'm not sure how flexy that sidewall is but given the weight of the carcass I'll bet not very. Plus side is that with the double beadlock you can run the pressure down to nothing and not worry about rolling a bead. :)

So. Will any appropriate width 16.5 tire mount properly on 12 bolt h1 rims. I may try something like that vortrac. Or other 16.5 offering.
It just seem like 16.5 really limit options.

How are the pvc inserts working?

tgreening

Expedition Leader
So. Will any appropriate width 16.5 tire mount properly on 12 bolt h1 rims. I may try something like that vortrac. Or other 16.5 offering.
It just seem like 16.5 really limit options.

How are the pvc inserts working?

I'm not the definitive expert but I dont see why they wouldnt. As far as I know a 16.5 rim is a 16.5 rim. They should all work without issue, as long as the correct width tire is used. That is probably more of an issue when you dont use the beadlock, which naturally is going to keep the bead in place.

The issue with the beadlock is different brand tires apparently have different thickness beeds. The pvc beadlocks can be cut to the correct size for whatever tire you purchase. I've had no trouble with mine as far as I know, but I've not aired down to any really low pressures and put them to the test.

I would call Trail Ready Fab, tell them what you have and what you want to get and see what they say. I'm pretty sure they can cut beadlocks to pretty much anything.

EXPO365

Adventurer
Here's mine...

e527acfc0f98d77f13b4e038a5dd8ce2.jpg
3562239e4f951fcfebacf8f2f90308fb.jpg
786cb153573e2b6c61d6cc3dff8c99c1.jpg
e9a9ace7399dd270ab91beb529423f65.jpg

It's a WIP but it's coming along nicely...

Build thread...
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142621

MikeCG

Adventurer
We picked up a 2000 7.3l diesel mini-modd today. More pictures and long-term build thread coming soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 66

pwrfool

Still working on some cabinets and a fold out couch. Sink, stove, toilet, and furnace are all in so far.

IMG_20150328_194918980_HDR.jpgIMG_20150530_154310248_HDR.jpg333.jpg

MILLERS808

Just curious, have you had it out on the road yet? And if so have you gotten any grief from the police about the lights?

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Mine was retired 8 years ago. Most of the lights are still in place. The front strobe lights have been painted over and the light bar has been removed.

In the year I've had it I've had no police attention.

EXPO365

Adventurer
Just curious, have you had it out on the road yet? And if so have you gotten any grief from the police about the lights?

I used some of that taillight blackout spray paint you get from the parts stores like advanced auto. I did a very heavy coat on them so they look black. (But I can still have fun with them if I want to )

I've been driving mine regularly with no problems. I'd say you'll be fin as long as you get rid or the front light bar at the very least.

Here in jersey you cant have any blue lights at all and no red lights on the front.

MILLERS808

Started mods.

I took out the P/S bench and built a dinette that drops down into a queen bed. I can fold the whole dinette up out of the way if I need to haul something big. I also removed the CPR seat and a small cabinet and framed in a countertop with a sink. The water pump is under the counter with the plumbing run to the spare tire compartment on the P/S rear. Have not found a water tank that will fit yet but not really a necessity at this point. I ran the drain line out through the bottom of the compartment since it will only be grey water. I am on the fence about gutting the interior to reduce weight since mostly it will be used on the beach. We have used it a few times already and it is pretty comfortable.
ambo dinette.jpg jenn ambo.jpg ambo mooch driving.jpg ambo marina.jpg

eporter

Adventurer
Here's my 1997 Horton E350 Minimod. I need to get a build thread going, but not a lot of building, mainly just using to haul gear and camp in and out of.

Ambo1_zpsqqnbo4ng.jpg~original

photo%2025_zpsllpvhgei.jpg~original

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles