Pics of rig packed up ready to go?

voodoojk

Adventurer
Just curious how everyone packs for a typical camping trip that lasts from 1 night to how many ever. What gear goes where in your rig? What do you use to carry that gear...drawers, action packers, duffles?

I feel like I pack for a month just for a single night. Show me how you guys do it!

Ray_G

Explorer
Take a look at the sticky...I actually just posted a shot of what my interior looks like loaded out there, that doesn't include roof rack load out (which is featured in other threads too).
Some shots from VOT where lighter was better:
Shakedown load out.jpgShakedown roof rack load 12 July.jpg

I have found that there is little difference between 1 night and 5 nights in terms of packing out...once you start going down the list the cubic consumption is about the same.
r-
Ray

32vsnake

Adventurer
Packed for 7 days or so... most of my gear gets stored in the 3 black home depot containers

IMG_2869.JPG

Expedition Leader
Don't have any of the inside, but here's the outside of mine minutes before leaving for a week in the Abajo Mountains/Dark Canyon/Mule Canyon/Beef Basin/Needles District Canyonlands in southern Utah, with two people. A two-day/1000-mile trip to get there and back too. It was packed above the level of the bottom of the hard top windows, but left me enough room to be able to see over the top of everything with my rear-view mirror.

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

97tjguzzy

Explorer
97tj, Do you take off the hitch carrier when you camp, to open the tailgate?

Usually when I'm camping I'll have the trailer. The hitch rack usually only gets used if we are staying at a house/cabin. But I do have to remove it to open the tailgate. But I store most of the needed stuff on the rack, and only tools/Co2 and the recovery gear goes behind the seat.

581404_10150799802471240_1753915636_n.jpg

bluehash

Adventurer
Usually when I'm camping I'll have the trailer. The hitch rack usually only gets used if we are staying at a house/cabin. But I do have to remove it to open the tailgate. But I store most of the needed stuff on the rack, and only tools/Co2 and the recovery gear goes behind the seat.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles