Pics of my new Nato cans

cyclic

Adventurer
I bought the four can deal from Deuscht....

http://deutscheoptik.com/

Then I went and got the cans Line-Xed. The guy got a little over energenic with the coating, but I won't complain. They came out really nice and should last longer than about anything else. Anyone know what type of paint sticks to Line-X well?

10zwrw3.jpg

2py8izk.jpg

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
This is a great idea!

What kind of Can Holder do you use?
I love my can holders, I'm just not sure if they'd still fit with a thick Line-X coat...

cyclic

Adventurer
Cans were in GREAT shape when they came in. I was only going to do the bottom couple inches for long term wear protection, but he did the whole can. Who am I to complain for no extra charge.

I don't have any mounts yet, primarly going for long term storage and generator use. The coating is not that thick, it will probably fit in a regular can carrier. I will be puting/making carriers for my trailer in a couple of weeks depending on if they fit the standard mounts. I would guess the coating is 1/8 inch or under in thickness.

cyclic

Adventurer
Nope, the color is how they came. I will be using these for gas only. If I can find a paint that sticks to Line-X well, I will dust them through a net in desert tan for a camo effect.

S

Street Wolf

That's where I was at too. If I were you I would have a stencil that says 'gas' and label those cans. Yellow is the official color for diesel fuel.

Who cares? If he's the one using them and he knows it has gas inside, whats the big deal?

cyclic

Adventurer
That's where I was at too. If I were you I would have a stencil that says 'gas' and label those cans. Yellow is the official color for diesel fuel.

Probably after I paint them camo, I'll add both a small "GAS" on the cap and a number on the side to track fuel rotation.

I wanted the long life and dent resistance of the Line-X. It was the color they were spraying that day. Camo is just a bonus for us red neck hill billy boys.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Are these brand spanking new cans, as in never used previously? Or are they good condition surplus?

cyclic

Adventurer
Excellent condition, looked to be surplus or barely used. Had one small scratch on one that needed primer, if I wasn't Line-Xing them. I need to order an extra nozzle or two just to keep on the shelf in case of wife loosing one. They actually poor nicely without a nozzle because of the built in air vent. I think I'll limit these style cans to fuel use, and use scepter style ones for water. They are EXACTLY like the Wedco fuel cans, with out the cross pin lock. The holes are there and I might add them, but didn't come with a cross pin.

Michael Slade

Untitled
Who cares? If he's the one using them and he knows it has gas inside, whats the big deal?

Well, as things usually go...he probably won't be the only one using them. Odds are someone with diesel will probably put gasoline in their truck and ruin a motor. Murphy's Law and all. They're his cans, so he can definitely do with them what he will. I'm just sayin'...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94