Picked up older 6.5’ flip pac

Just picked up this flip pac local for my Chevy camped out of my leer hard shell for years. Overall good condition a older one. The screens seemed great until my 2 year old was bouncin around and put his hand thru two of them.

Anyone have any luck repairing them or getting them repaired?

FE916917-51F9-4C3B-BBAE-49114489DE8A.jpegD98D8675-0539-4881-AF30-91D5936381C4.jpeg02F95B1E-84E9-47FF-BD04-0513FB6C1482.jpeg

Looks great.... I had some small cuts in mine, not enough to worry about for now, but I've been contemplating the same issue... pretty big job to remove this tent for repair... not sure how to handle it??!

Looks great.... I had some small cuts in mine, not enough to worry about for now, but I've been contemplating the same issue... pretty big job to remove this tent for repair... not sure how to handle it??!
i was thinking about buying a cheaper tent or the material and just hand stitching the entire panel in... i can usually figure stuff out. i also noticed the driver side latch on the lid portion is pulling out of the fiberglass..... need to look into pulling it off re fiberglassing that portion and re drilling into it or accessing it from the inside by cutting a small hole out and mouting it using bolts and nuts and then re patching the inside with fiberglass.

i am also looking into these mobil strong wheel well drawers as being the only storage/ work platform. they say they can hold 250lbs. i was thinking about making the long pull out drawer into sometype of cook station. and also use the top as a bench for eating on the inside.... dont want to take up alot of bedspace as i use it to haul surfboards of various sizes and also my mtb. HDPWWPR-wheel-well-box2_800x800_fcd71ee572b1f0b3b3c969376e2d8b0f.jpg

Any advice into hooking up the two lights in the flip pac how are these normally wired? I noticed a blue and green wire coming out from the front of the shells fabric it was just snipped and taped. I have a ground and hot wire coming to the bed from my leer camper shell. Was just curious if these things only had two wires coming out of the bottom for the lights.... doubt I’m that lucky.... guess I’ll have to check the continuity from light to wires to see if they even run to the lights

Flhtruss

Observer
Hello cheyneskeezer
Saw the show Sharks on Friday and there were two girls with their dad had this screen repair kit. Can't tell you much but they were selling at quit a few places. I think Home Depot was one. Looked like a solid product.

Russ

Yes, the same as I have, just two wires to power the lights. I'd check and see how I wired it for you... but I just sold the truck! I have 2 more FlipPac's - one is going to be for experimenting on (possible Ford E350 van), the second is for a future full sized long bed truck build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior