Picked up a Roll-A-Table for Camping

tremors834

Adventurer
I recently purchased a table for camping so I thought I would post some pictures of the Roll-A-Table for reference.

4921927754_f47166a471.jpg

4921927426_2d5a4a36bb.jpg

The legs and cross bars are enclosed in an attached net pouch.

4921332321_c2ed55c626.jpg

Set up is straight forward.

4921927262_01bf31ed01.jpg

4921927982_a7899f2796.jpg

The vinyl feels heavy duty and has 'electronically welded" seams.

4921927546_8f429435a5.jpg

Overall it feels solid and sturdy.

4921928096_feb5a1a0b9.jpg

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
looks awesome, I was looking at those today for an upcoming camp trip. Let us know how it works out.

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
I have this company's Roll-a-cot. Great product, well made. Wish it fit in my DC's 5' bed. Your table should serve you well.

This does not constitute a warranty, either implied or expressed. :victory:

nargun

Adventurer
I've got 3 varations of these for use in the annex of our camper trailer, 2 about that size and one double the size for family meals.

Ours are aluminium and the slats are held together by thin shock cord which is easily replaced. Will the plastic covering degrade with use or sunlight?

Easy to chuck in the camper or the back of the car.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
looks awesome, I was looking at those today for an upcoming camp trip. Let us know how it works out.

I have two of these and they've held up very well over the past half dozen years or so of regular, uncareful use, despite coming from "the land of cheap plastic products" as scornfully described by the uber journal.

Salue

Adventurer
I've got the Roll-A-Table, 2 Roll-A-Cots and their Roll-A-Chair and definitely am happy with all their products. I think you will like the table.

I have two of these and they've held up very well over the past half dozen years or so of regular, uncareful use, despite coming from "the land of cheap plastic products" as scornfully described by the uber journal.

I'm sorry, I haven't read this journal; Where is "the land of cheap plastic products"? I'm guessing they're referring to the states since this product is made in Washington state?

Cheers,
Salue

refried

Adventurer
I've had my Roll-A-Table for several years and it's still in very good shape despite being abused and tossed around. The nuts holding the legs on are still tight and the vinyl is still in great shape (NRS makes a cover to further protect it). I also have ALPS version (aluminum) that I use for my stove, It's very light but still holds the 35# stove without any problems. I would highly reccomend both if your looking for a good lighy weight table.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Mine is also "Made in America". I got mine used and have been very impressed with how strong it is. It's a lot stronger than the Coleman roll top table. Mine looks old and wel used so I'd expect a new one to last a lifetime.

tremors834

Adventurer
I imagine if you were to use it as a workbench in the shop the covering would wear and degrade. But for general camping use, I would think it should last a long time. As for UV resistant, there is no mention of it on the box. Perhaps a call to the manufacturer could help answer that. http://www.camptime.net/roll-a-table.htm

I've got 3 varations of these for use in the annex of our camper trailer, 2 about that size and one double the size for family meals.

Ours are aluminium and the slats are held together by thin shock cord which is easily replaced. Will the plastic covering degrade with use or sunlight?

Easy to chuck in the camper or the back of the car.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Refried, those are useful looking accessories. Thanks for the links!

I'm sorry, I haven't read this journal; Where is "the land of cheap plastic products"? I'm guessing they're referring to the states since this product is made in Washington state?

Cheers,
Salue

I had no idea they are USA made! That's great to hear. In fact, their site (which I never looked up before) says "All materials in Roll-a-Table are chosen to complement its unique design. The aluminum comes from Alabama. The 11 segment roll-top is made of a select grade of "Ultra-Core™" laminated wood from Montana, that is completely covered by a water-resistant fabric from California. All fittings are zinc plated steel and Camp Time® does all its manufacturing in Spokane, Washington."

Overland Journal did a short article a while back on tables, or at least on A table, I think they were reviewing a SnowPeak table? Anyway, they coined the phase "Land of Cheap Plastic Products" in general reference to all of Asia, and China in particular. It is my (apparently faulty) recollection that they compared the Roll-Away table to whatever product they were reviewing at the time.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Good info that these are USA made...and sold at REI which would give you the lifetime coverage if something does break.
I might just have to go take a look....and thanks for the heads up on the accessories!

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
really hard not to buy one after all the reviews on this thread.
Don't you just hate this site? Somebody asked about the UV protection. I bought mine from a guy that has one of those never ending yard sales in his yard. The table was not even for sale. I could tell it was out in the Arizona sun for months but it cleaned right up. I would say that the rubber that covers the table is the same material that they make white water rafts from and is why it's so durable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles