Picked up a 97 F350 Crew cab Longbed,,,FWC

WheelTired

Observer
Pickup up a 97 Ford F350 4x4 Crew Cab Long-bed with the 7.3 TD

Thinking about sticking our FWC Ranger model in it till I can afford a new Grandby model. Has this been done ?? will need to be shimmed a bit to clear the side rails, also in the back I was thinking about building some storage boxes to fill the gaps on either side of the narrow back area.

If no go, this FWC will be for sale, it a 2001 Ranger Model in like new condition, used very little and garaged. The ranger model is intended for small trucks with a long-bed.
Fits:
Standard Cab Long Bed Dodge Dakota, Standard Cab Long Bed Toyota T-100, & Standard Cab Long Bed Tundra trucks

Last edited:

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
Hey WheelTired

If you are a bit creative you can make it work.

You would need to build a small platform for the camper to sit on and just add some, or make some camper jack extesions. The camper jacks will need to be a little wider so you can back the bigger truck under the smaller camper.

There is a link here on the topic with a good pic on what the platform would look like.

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3975/page__st__20

Attached are few additional pictures below.

Hope this helps.

Happy Camping !

:)

stan

Attachments

• P1010113.JPG
    P1010113.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Swing-out bracket extension 2.jpg
    Swing-out bracket extension 2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Eagle on full sized dodge ram 2500.JPG
    Eagle on full sized dodge ram 2500.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Eagle on Full Size Truck 2.jpg
    Eagle on Full Size Truck 2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 61

WheelTired

Observer
Stan,
Thank you so much for the information.......looks as though it will work just fine for the time being, now just to darn cold out to work on this project :-(

I don't have jack stands, might just need to use 10 dudes to get it transferred over.

thx.

WheelTired

Observer
What a Beast.......think I will just get a new FWC for this rig. Love it !! Something about all the power you need to get anything anywhere. I have been driving 4cyl Toyota trucks all my life, struggling up mountain passes, this thing is FUN !

New BFG's today....

53a856de.jpg

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
yep, if CO is anything like Northern Idaho, everyone is looking to sell campers, and buy snow-toys this time of year. :ylsmoke:

WheelTired

Observer
I am pretty sold on a:

Arctic Fox, M860, any experience with this Brand ?

EDIT:::::....Not a chance in hell, thing is 3500 LBS empty.

Last edited:

WheelTired

Observer
search is over:

Believe it, the camper is brand new, never used....most everything is still in factory wrapping, never outside. bizarre !

1994 Hallmark Hamilton hardside 8' truck camper, having my truck happy jacked thursday, camper in on Sunday, I will post pics then.

WheelTired

Observer
What a Ride....love it !!
Have to laugh looking at the monstrosity, guess I will get used to it.
FWC it is not......Brand Spanking New NOS it is, can't believe someone would have something like this and never use it. Truck dropped about 1 1/2" in the rear loaded.

Also scored a 1982 Honda XL185S with 300 Miles on the Clock from the same seller, gassed it up..bike started first kick, fun little bike....seller also has a 1972 Honda 250 Elsinore in new NOS condition....couldn't take that one with me, he is considering my offer....wow, back in time with Steve Mcqueen, I got shivers looking at the bike.

e4e55e95.jpg

173beadf.jpg

Last edited:

Bushmaster6

Adventurer
nice score

I've always had a "thing" for the old-style F series trucks, in particular that crew cab F350.. to me it just looks like a truck should look... never owned one and never needed one, but I actually did some online shopping during my last tour in Iraq and found a few nice ones in the Denver area (stationed at Carson).. got home and did test drive a 7.3... in the end I couldn't reconcile it as I have no need for all the capacity.

I ended up buying an FJ80, which has been fantastic.. but I still turn my head everythime I see one like yours... who wouldn't? It's the platform for every one of your childhood truck dreams...huge, plenty of things that light up and shine, strong enough to pull a house of the foundation.. how much fun is that?!!

:drool:

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
Here's my 97 F350, if you think it has power now...just add a chip, some injectors, intake and exhaust and your talking mega power!!!

18139946_NrXB3-O.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz