Pic request: Old school stripes

lugueto

Adventurer
Hey guys,

Im looking for pictures of old school stripes and designes on old hiluxes, land cruisers and other old school Toyotas. Im looking to do some to set my truck apart from the rest.

Any pics are appreciated!

Cheers,

Luis

toyotech

Expedition Leader
here are my original stripes.
you can get aftermarket replacements from here
http://www.jamesdeancreations.com/toyota.htm

547289_10200510799843827_1124424729_n.jpg

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
Nice one, Toyotech!

These are the SR5 stripes in 1985 on trucks and 4runners (wish I'd taken better care of this ad):

img021.jpg

My 1985 Deluxe came with some more horizontal stripes (don't mind the black Herculiner on the back fenders):

1985Johnpark_zpsb646c1f5.jpg

Toyota Reference has a nearly complete collection of original product brochures of Toyota models back through the generations that are viewable for free or downloadable for $5.

http://www.toyotareference.com/

austintaco

Explorer
Not a stripe package, but a common old school Toyota racing themed 4runner. This was one of my old 4runners that Krawltex bought and beefed up.

Here's my current one:

I have that old school 4runner ad framed in my garage!

Containerized

Adventurer
'83 style stripes on a 2012... here with wimpy-looking 33" Blizzaks (in Chicago for the winter) rather than the 36" Michelins.

920151_329511513844200_1510914778_o.jpg

lugueto

Adventurer
Thanks guys! the truck I will be applying this to (or at least considering it) is a 90 series land cruiser. Im looking to get some steelies, painting them white and some sort of stripe kit like the ones above to make it a little old school and different from all the others here..

I love the white with the yellow, orange and red but sadly my car is blueish gray (Called lunar gray by Toyota) and will have to figure something out similar to Sebas' rig with the shades of silver/gray.

Great pic wit the PBY Catalina, Sebas

Containerized: thoroughly read your thread a while back, very impressive! It was one of the inspirations for the idea of adding a little old school flare to the truck..\

I will have to get someone to help me play around with photoshop to see how this will actually look and tweak some designs to make them fit better the rounder profile of the 90 series.

Again, seriously appreciated! any other pics will be of great help!

Containerized

Adventurer
If there isn't a decal package available for the truck that you like, I'd consider masking and painting the stripes.

After looking at the vinyl options, we had a guy freehand mask and paint the stripes and they came out great.

lugueto

Adventurer
I think that will be the way to go, but before that I will photoshop it to decide approximate size and color shades for the design i choose and then use that to mask and paint over!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94