Photos of mid-sized vehicles - Post Here

Wallygator

Adventurer
Here's my ZR2, but actually trading in Jan for a ZR2 Bison Diesel, I originally wanted the Diesel, but ************ dealership killed that and end up with the gas v6. So the timing is right as everything I've done so far is removable and transferable. Basically it's just an excuse to get the Diesel.

Nice truck...Why do you want the diesel over the V6?

emulous74

How'd you get out of the garage?
It was 106 when I was test fitting everything that day, garage is air conditioned. So just took the tire off the roof when I wanted to leave. Luckily it clears the 7 foot doors with bare roof racks and just the platform. The floor is raised somewhat since there is an uncoupling membrane below the thick porcelain tile.

Wallygator

Adventurer
I'm averaging 12mpg, that means I would have to carry a lot of extra gas on deep excursions, and the supercharger is way to tempting with gas v6. That makes getting the diesel cheaper.

Thanks. Wow 12 mpg, that is one ton territory. Have you drove the diesel? If so how was it?

alphaecho4386

Sliders added! And a dirty engine pic. I'll clean it... Eventually. 40k miles on the diesel so far. Averaging 25mpg. And it's not driven slowly or gently. :) Good rigs.
776372a2b5adad35c51742a2267d9b4c.jpg
ffdd7023522356131ad3177ed49c88e3.jpg
f90748974ef3405539e27bc8e52ab4ec.jpg

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

emulous74

Thanks. Wow 12 mpg, that is one ton territory. Have you drove the diesel? If so how was it?

I have driven a diesel Canyon All-Terrain during a family and friends drive event at work, I work for GM in the Austin IT Innovation center and when I went to Denver to purchase a Diesel ZR2 (dealer was so bad, I ripped up the paperwork and flew back to Austin). The diesel has decent power to drive around town, it obviously doesn't have the kick of the gasser, but how could it with over 100 hp less, but the 369lbs of torque makes it feel faster than it really is. I personally think the diesel is more suited to a truck as it's always strong feeling. It will be a different way of driving around town, but it will pay off in the wallet and having to fill up twice a week. From what folks tell me, the only time they don't like having the diesel is trying to pass someone on the highway. I have a feeling a pedal commander will help some with that. I don't like the way GM has designed the software for the 8-speed in the gasser, it hates to down shift and makes the truck feel like it has no power and was ending up flooring it all the time. I got the pedal commander and it made it 80 percent better, but there are still times when the tranny won't downshift. Folks have said similar things with the 6 speed in the diesel, and that a tune really helps, but the pedal commander is a worthwhile addition without the tune.

alphaecho4386

I have mine tuned. Around town it's not terribly quick. But the throttle is no longer dead and empty with the tune. It's sharp and linear. So feels more responsive and playful.
However, once the turbo is spooled and you are on the highway cruising in the meat of the power band, the tune really makes the diesel scoot. It will happily pass at 70+ and does so with just a single down shift. It's pretty deceiving as it makes no real fuss about it, it just keeps pulling.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Dalko43

Explorer
It's awesome to see all these Colorado's getting dirty and being put to good use. GM's decision to reinvigorate their midsized category and offer different engine options really paid off.

DirtDawg57

Some shots of my summer with the Lost ZR2.

Utah, on the TAT
i-HxZjFR4-X3.jpg

i-zXRMh9h-X3.jpg

Colorado

i-M72p67X-X3.jpg

i-5w4HX6c-X3.jpg

Oklahoma

i-96L3Mbv-X3.jpg

Arkansas

i-nsKjWSz-X3.jpg

Michigan

i-g49hND6-X3.jpg

Minnesota

i-qjdH3fR-X3.jpg

Wisconsin

i-hmGbWLL-X3.jpg

Montana

i-NztVRLP-X3.jpg

i-4nJvsmn-X3.jpg

North Dakota

i-s2fKdKm-X3.jpg

Nevada

i-FsBm2T8-X3.jpg

Idaho

i-CsCxZKn-X3.jpg

i-2PwNCtf-X3.jpg

Wyoming

i-SSqQGQd-X3.jpg

i-4nJvsmn-X3.jpg

i-7DKFG2M-X3.jpg

Did you complete poughkeepsie? I have been looking for a video of a ZR2 doing it and couldn't find any. I wanted to know how they would handle it. Awesome photes!

02rangeredge

Adventurer
A few of our adventures in Colorado. Most of them are out around Telluride and Ouray which is my favorite area in the world! We did 3 Jeep badge of honor trails (Imogene, Engineer, and Ophir pass) These are older, I have a lift now. Can't wait to get back out there!

LRM_EXPORT_20170514_190226.jpg

20161016_235631.jpg

20161016_184946.jpg

20180722_121659.jpg

20180722_155331.jpg

20180719_200709.jpg

20180720_122018.jpg

1476684256762.jpg

20171022_133736.jpg
Is it stock on those trips? I know it's lifted now but was wondering if you'd changed anything

DirtDawg57

Is it stock on those trips? I know it's lifted now but was wondering if you'd changed anything

Those trips were stock other than having 31x10.5 R15 tires which I think are about 1/2" bigger than stock. Imogene and Engineer were a little tricky in a few places. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles