Photos ? Help! I mean REALLY!!!

PaydayGabe

I have Imgur.com uploaded to the phone.
I have my photos sized down to almost a blur.
What do I do next ? to get these damn pics from my gallery to the forum??
There has to be a better solution.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I personally pay to have my photos hosted online via SmugMug, and then its super easy to share them. You might also be able to do the same with Google photos, iCloud, OneDrive, DropBox, Box.com, etc....

With your photos hosted somewhere online, you navigate to the photo, right click on it and copy the image URL, then jump back into the forum and past the URL in the little pop-up that happens when you click the photo icon.

i-rcVcnQz-X3.jpg

Rock Creek, near Mammoth, CA

billiebob

really, I'm 65 and have no problem putting photos I've taken on line. It ain't rocket science

Even this only took a few seconds to find and post

giphy.gif

Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Also, for a mobile only approach, I've heard that the app called Tapatalk allows/enables image posting

Swift_45a

Observer

Honestly, this is the biggest problem.

The UX and UI on mobile for sites/apps like imgur are so horrible, that it's best to just transfer them from your phone to email and onto a PC and upload from that. I hate how if you try accessing their site by trying to go to the non-mobile site URL it re-routes you and takes you by default. Mobile is so pointless to me and provides a significant;y worse UX that I simply never bothered to try and find solutions.

Alternatively, yes, pay for hosting; but honestly I had no problem uploading my entire catalog of a few motorcycles on to another forum recently. It even automatcically converted a ~1 min .mov to a decent quality .gif with no input on my end. Imgur is a good platform for hosting images, it just sucks on mobile.

ITTOG

I have my photos sized down to almost a blur.
What do I do next to get these damn pics from my gallery to the forum??
There has to be a better solution.
Can you see your photos on a PC. If yes, is it windows 10.

Let me know what you have and I can walk you through resizing your photos.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I upload directly off my phone, no taptalk app. It’s easier than trying to upload off my pc for some reason.

PaydayGabe

Thanks for the "constructive advice" everyone. I'll try the screen shot idea?.
Everything is done off the phone (Samsung Galaxy S10e). Cheers ?, G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior