Photobucket

So, looks like the very few photos that I've uploaded to Photobucket and shared on various forums has overloaded their fragile system and now they want me to signup for their $40/mo plan in order to allow 3rd party access. Noticed that this is happening to many others too. I had used Photobucket for those random pictures of tie-rod ends or misc stuff that I didn't want to throw on my Flickr account. Looks like time to try a new site. Any recommendations, may see how Postimage.org does. Claims to be primarily for hosting photos for forums, etc

lucky7

Adventurer
I've heard of this happening. I have two PB accounts that I haven't used in years. I wonder if they're still working??

Anyhow, I keep an album on my flickr for random crap like that now. I just make it and all the photos private so they don't show up for anyone but me. They'll still post to forums, too.

Xrunner

Explorer
It appears to me like they just cut off 3rd party hosting for the free accounts? I have a low-level ($4/month I think) paid account and mine seem to be working.

Can you see the below photo?

MacCb_zpschk8vsrp.png

The Artisan

Adventurer
How about these? Both free accts.

4927A3F1-D50F-4091-849A-5D9F077475EC_zpsdefkcl16.jpg

BBS-1_zpsb27a3b5e.jpg

Tell me more about the specs on RSs. Need interior for that project of yours...:)

Kevin

Attachments

• mtechmicro.jpg
    mtechmicro.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 2tonee28sports.jpg
    2tonee28sports.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 18
  • blackmicrovert.jpg
    blackmicrovert.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Yep, it shows. The email notification said in order to restore the 3rd party hosting I had to upgrade to the "Plus 500" plan which is the $39.99/mo. I would bet any paid plan would allow the 3rd party hosting, they're just trying to up-sell as much as they can. Doubtful that anyone would jump from a free plan with known limitations all the way up to the top plan. I recognize they need to generate revenue to offer services, but if I'm going to pay that much, it'll be with someone with better services.

I'll probably go Lucky7's route with a "junk" album on Flickr. Easy to upload directly from Lightroom too.

The Artisan

Adventurer
I just linked my pics from my bucket acct. I have had them for several years though maybe they changed for newer users? Why not just use the hosting on this site?
Kevin

Yours are blanked out, must be some threshold of views. Uploading directly to the site has it's own limitations, usually based on file size. They have a lot of pictures being displayed, trying to deal with all those files is tough and would require a lot more storage and management. Uploading to a hosting site and then linking to it minimizes the load on the forum servers.

The Artisan

Adventurer
Oh wow maybe they did change it all thanks for letting me know. They did show when I posted. I will save all of them as they will be on my new site.
Kevin

java

Expedition Leader
All the forums people are having freak outs. Its PB wide it seems..... I use Flickr.

****** Photobucket!?!?! They just broke a lot of forums.

There's no way in hell I'm paying for their crap site, especially after they just dropped that bomb.

What's everyone else moving to?

Used a real camera, not a phone :ylsmoke: But boy do the files get big, that's why hosting them on a photosite can make posting them on forums so much easier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles