Phoenix/ Mesa Repeaters

mightymike

Adventurer
Can someone post the frequencies for any popular 2m repeaters in the Phoenix area? Specifically looking for one that would cover the area east of Usery Pass Rd., Goldfield Mountains area. Any that are monitored by local emergency responders would be greatly appreciated. I have the '07 repeater manual but would like to program my radio before I leave and know that the repeater is active. Thanks-

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
My all-time favorite is 147.080 on Thompson Pk. I can seem to hit that from nearly all surrounding areas.

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Check out the Arizona Repeater Assc.

www.w7ara.org/

They cover a huge area of AZ with the Rim LInk (Phx, Prescott, Flagstaff, Payson, Showlow, Springerville, Globe, Tuscon, Gila Bend) and have several very good repeaters in the metro area. The White Tanks machine can be linked into Smith Peak near Aguila, and that hooks into CalZona system all the way to San Diego.

Mark

frgtwn

Adventurer
Watch this place

The Winsystem will soon have a linked repeater in Phoenix. It will be listed on their website at:

http://www.winsystem.org/

They are a system of 67 linked repeaters in 16 states and 4 countries. And they are an open system.

Also, they can be "dialed up" through the IRLP at the Dallas Reflector 945 channel 3.

mr r2fj

Adventurer
You definitely want to program the ones with autopatch capability. Both are popular repeaters and you can pretty much gaurantee someone will be listening if you need emergancy assistance. If not, dial 911 on the autopatch.

147.240 + 162.2PL (Shaw butte with AP)
146.920 - 162.2PL (ORA with AP)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz