Phoenix area members: Slide shows Nov 1 & 2; Please come!

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
If you're near Phoenix or visiting on the 1st and 2nd of November, please come on down to one of our slide presentations about our 4x4 adventures in northern Tanzania.

November 1: at 7 pm at REI in Paradise Valley; 12634 N Paradise Village Pkwy, or for you GPS heads: Latitude: 33° 36.110' N Longitude: 111° 59.349' W

November 2: at 7 pm at the REI in Tempe; Priest and Southern; Latitude: 33° 23.566' N Longitude: 111° 57.616' W

2005TZPhotos.jpg

We'd love to meet you! You can see more about the nearly identical trip we're planning in June 2006 at WhistlingThorn.com

WhistlingThorn2.gif

We have spots available for 15 adventurers on this 15-day trip in 3 fantastic Land Cruisers, covering some real backcountry in fabled Maasailand as well as several famous parks like Serengeti and Ngorongoro. Or talk to us about custom trips if you have your own group of 4 or more.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
DesertRose said:
November 2: at 7 pm at the REI in Tempe; Priest and Southern; Latitude: 33° 23.566' N Longitude: 111° 57.616' W

We plan to be there. Scott, Stephanie, Sharon and I. I think we'll be coming on the 2nd. We'll let you know for sure. Can't wait!

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
I saw Roseann & Jonathan's talk at the REI in Albuquerque recently and was really impressed. :bowdown: I recommend this, hope everyone can find the time to go.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
I might make the one on the 1st. That is much closer to hame than going all the way out to Tempe.

awalter

Expedition Portal Team, Overland Certified OC0003
Roseann,

Are you all planning any kind of prsentation in SoCal?

Al

Attachments

• 13063052_10156810601185481_29081739274833497_o.jpg
    13063052_10156810601185481_29081739274833497_o.jpg
    453.7 KB · Views: 6

DesertRose

awalter said:
Roseann,

Are you all planning any kind of prsentation in SoCal?

Al

As of right now, we're not but that might change. I will let you know if it does - will post here.

Looking foward to meeting some of you - and BajaTaco: I think Scott said he was a SEMA that week.... but I'm glad you're all coming if possible!

Roseann :wavey: See you there

DesertRose

BajaTaco said:
We plan to be there. Scott, Stephanie, Sharon and I. I think we'll be coming on the 2nd. We'll let you know for sure. Can't wait!

Want to meet for a meal beforehand? - A few beers always improves the presentation, in my experience! :beer:

Anyone else who wants to join us, please chime in and let's pick a spot. Who knows Tempe?

Roseann

Attachments

• IMG_4072.jpg
    IMG_4072.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4203.JPG
    IMG_4203.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4416.JPG
    IMG_4416.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 3
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 1,373
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    536.6 KB · Views: 9

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
What time is your presentation? If it is in the evening, I will not be able to make it. :mad: But if anyone is are around on the either day and want to meet up for lunch i might be able to do that. I have to start work at 16:00.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
DesertRose said:
I think Scott said he was a SEMA that week....

SEMA? What's that? :p yea, I guess he is over-scheduling himself...

DesertRose said:
Want to meet for a meal beforehand? - A few beers always improves the presentation, in my experience! :beer:

Heck yea. I see there is a place right near REI called BJ's eating place. I have no idea what it's like, maybe someone else does.

Will, it starts at 7:00 PM

DesertRose

How about Four Peaks Brewery in Tempe? voted the best brew pub in Phoenix numerous times.

Here is a link to directions/info. Free parking (unlike Bandersnach).

Google map to good beer

We'll plan to be there around 5 - we need to leave by 6:15 to go set up, make sure there are no powerpoint issues!

DesertRose

We have a change in plans for this trip to Phoenix. We sold our Tucson house recently and suddenly we have a serious deadline for getting some important things done prior to end of inspection period.

Which means Jonathan is going to have to stay back in Tucson and I'm going to give the shows solo.

Just wanted to let you know - if you want to wait til you can meet up with both of us and not have to drive all the way down to the Big City, we understand completely!!

Roseann

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Congrats on the house! That is a bummer that we don't get to see Jonathan, but we will definitely still be there ;)

brittan

Adventurer
I plan on being there...

I am planning on being to the Tempe preso on the 2nd. Looking forward to meeting you Roseann.
Are the plans to meet at the pub still on? Looking forward to seeing you again Scott and Chris.
Brittan

Last edited:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Hey Brittan, yea - we are still meeting at the pub. Scott will be at SEMA though. Sharon will be with me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior