Phil's Adventure Tacoma

Yeah, not a problem.... With everything going on here... its such a minor thing... yesterday is the first time I thought about it since I left it with you.

Did you cut the bedsides yet?

I am in no rush... so... no worries...

Chase

Cutting them Saturday when I get the platform mounted up.

Look what arrived today:wings:
IMG_0096-1.jpg

I began the evening by cleaning up both the swing out and bumper. Next came priming.
IMG_0091.jpg

I decided to just paint them this time to save both time and money. As you can see in the pic the swing out is half powder coated and the rest will be painted. This is my original swing out, although it has been modified to work with the new bumper. Hence why I need to paint certain areas.

I'm using Rustoleum Professional line.
IMG_0090.jpg

Next up was a few layers of DIY bedliner on the platform. I wanted to LineX it, but the cost was beyond our budget. I found a Rustoleum product similar to Duplicolor. Seems okay.
IMG_0083-1.jpg

Do you think I will be happy to get my truck back together this Saturday?
IMG_0081.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry Phil, must have missed it, but what happened to your old bumper?

Tsk, tsk. You go away on a grand adventure and completely ignore me.

:elkgrin:

I decided it was time for wrap arounds. Sold the old bumper and used that money to buy a wrap around from CBI.

Last edited:
That looks like a sailboat keel in the background.
Do you have a boat project going as well?

No, but wouldn't that be cool.

That's at Total Offroad. There are several tenants and the guy next door does something with ships. It's also in Mystic so boats and boat parts are around almost every corner.

Today turned out to be a very tiring day. Worked on the truck from 6am-10pm and I have the sun burn and bug bites to prove it.

The day started at Total Offroad, putting the finishing details on the platform.
IMG_0078-1.jpg

IMG_0006-1.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

While at the same time we worked on the bumper.
IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

The most important piece!
IMG_0062-1.jpg

The Christening
IMG_0066-1.jpg

Last edited:
Mounting of the tent.
IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0102-1.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

The platform, tent, and bumper are not finished. We still have some work to do to complete the set up, but it is all on at least. I will get some decent full truck shot's sometime this week. I will post up all the details, materials, nitty gritty, feelings, as soon as I can. I will also discuss why I mounted the tent off the back instead. I am beat and I have to wake up early and head down to NY in the morning.....my favorite place on earth:rolleyes:.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior