Philippine 4x4 groups

jfj

Observer
I am a 4x4 enthusiast based in Manila. There are a lot of 4x4 groups all over the Philippines so that should any member of this forum plan to do some offroading in our country, you may PM me for a chance to meet local 4x4 communities. You may wish to visit our local website: http://www.4x4ph.com/forum/index.php to have a glimpse of our activities.

Last edited by a moderator:

haven

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the offer, jfj.

Tell us more about the vehicles that are popular for 4x4 driving in the Philippines. Land Cruiser, Land Rover, Suzuki? What else?

Ronct110

Adventurer
Right on jfj; thanks for the offer!

Will most likely come back again soon, and perhaps checked-out one of your events next time (co-pilot and share the cost of trip, or rent 4x4 if any avail)

I just got back and although didn't get to join any of 4x4 trips, had a blast.

As we drove way from Manila and more into the province, got more relaxing for me; enjoyed the food, and people; lots of places to explore; would like to drive up to Mt Pinatubo next time. Hey, saw this Defender (pic below) in Manila, member of your club?

Here are ramdom shots from my trip; feel free to post your trip details/pics here; never know - might be on the next flight out (smile):

Mabuhay!

Attachments

• 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    362.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    347.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 1h.JPG
    1h.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 22
  • 2b.JPG
    2b.JPG
    322.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    297.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 1hh.JPG
    1hh.JPG
    196 KB · Views: 27
  • 2d PI.JPG
    2d PI.JPG
    643.3 KB · Views: 22

jfj

Observer
The most popular 4x4 here is the Land Cruiser from fj40 or bj40 up to series 80, followed by the Suzukis almost all models, Land Rovers (defenders, series II and III) Jeeps both the military type and the cjs, and the Ferozas. As you will notice from the website I mentioned (4x4ph.com/forum/index.php) there are 4x4 clubs based on the type or make of the rigs used (Land Cruiser Club of the Philippines, Land Rover Club of the Philippines,Suzuki Club of the Philippines and others) as well as 4x4 groups based on geographical locations from the islands of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.

The different offroad clubs have also their own preferred activities. Some, like the Isabela Extreme, Nueva Ecija Offroad Clubs, Angeles City 4wd, Bicol Offroad Club are more into 4x4 racing while others such as the Land Rover Club, Land Cruiser Club, the Suzuki Clubs are mostly into offroad adventure events although these are mostly one or two days activities.

Spare parts for Japanese vehicles both brand new and used can be bought even in the provinces. Likewise finding good mechanics in the province except for high tech rigs is not a problem. Filipino mechanics are very good in conversion such that if the original part is not available, a similar part of other brand whether new or used can be used.

Here are some pictures of our trailing activity last July 3. My rig is the red Jeep towing the Vitara

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh109/landcruiser913/2011 July San Ysiro/DSC_5393.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh109/landcruiser913/2011 July San Ysiro/DSC_5400.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh109/landcruiser913/2011 July San Ysiro/DSC_5414.jpg

http://4x4ph.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119754&st=135

jfj

Observer
Right on jfj; thanks for the offer!

Will most likely come back again soon, and perhaps checked-out one of your events next time (co-pilot and share the cost of trip, or rent 4x4 if any avail)

I just got back and although didn't get to join any of 4x4 trips, had a blast.

As we drove way from Manila and more into the province, got more relaxing for me; enjoyed the food, and people; lots of places to explore; would like to drive up to Mt Pinatubo next time. Hey, saw this Defender (pic below) in Manila, member of your club?

Here are ramdom shots from my trip; feel free to post your trip details/pics here; never know - might be on the next flight out (smile):

Mabuhay!

Going to Mt Pinatubo should not be a problem. The Pampanga and Angeles City 4wd Clubs are based in the nearby area and I am sure they will be happy to tag along with you.

The Land Rover on the picture must be a member of the Land Rover Club of the Philippines. They are a closely knit group and considered to be the elite among the local 4x4 communities here, perhaps because their rigs are more expensive than the others.

jfj

Observer
Our little adventure last Sunday:

DSC_0933.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jfj

Observer
Yes, it was a long Sunday adventure because the Pajero in front caught fire while winching. We were lucky that we were able to contain the fire by throwing mud at the engine

DSC_0944-1.jpg

jfj

Observer
At the height of the typhoon which battered the island of Luzon last October 1, our group decided to have some adventure:

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

JOnesbilt24

Mabuhay

Hi I am a member of the Philippines 4x4 Forum and have see photos of your Rig. I was wondering if you could send us some photos and its specs looks like you did a coil suspension conversion. Any way have been to PI Tarlac Crow Valley to be precise , it seems that this Area is a mecca for four wheeling. We didnt get out much im sad to say a Typhoon made us get back on the ships and we went to Singapore after that. Well take it easy Evan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94