Peugeot 504D (Diesel) Pick Up Truck

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
Wow, never knew they made a pickup. My Dad had a 504D back in the '70's around the time of the first "gas crisis." The engine was very reliable, but the car was a real dog in the acceleration department.

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
When first I saw that 504D, I immediately thought of a self build camper variation of this general shape, with side slide out, windoors and a pop top roof! happy0054.gif

h3qq1.jpg

griffdog

Observer
Having owned a number of 504's and using them for some pretty full on trips through central Australia, I can confirm that they are one of the best outback touring rigs you can get.

Best option would be to throw a turbo diesel engine from the 505 into it with a 5 speed gearbox. Easy to get a bit of extra clearance at the front and you could even look at a limited slip diff from a 505 gti or turbo. The turbo diesel engine has good power a torque but is based on the same block as what is currently in it so will bolt right in.

I love the camper conversion, but a rack with a rooftop tent would be pretty cool as well and could easily be removed to allow you to use the the car as a versitile pick up when not touring. Get it!

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
i don't think there is a more typical Africa car than the 504...love it.

Peugeot-504-Africa1.jpg

The pickup model was also available 4x4

Peugeot-504-usted-sabe-que-uno-quiere.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior