Petitions for Reconsideration of Part 95 Personal Radio Services Rules Report and Order

craig333

Expedition Leader
GMRS is clogged? I rarely hear anyone using it around here. I'm curious to see if the 4wd clubs make the switch. Doesn't exactly make the choice any easier.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
GMRS is clogged? I rarely hear anyone using it around here. I'm curious to see if the 4wd clubs make the switch. Doesn't exactly make the choice any easier.
The club I'm in just started standardizing on GMRS/FRS literally last month hopefully to bring order to the chaotic entropy of FRS, CBs and hams.

FM CB might have a place but my feeling is that ship has sailed and ain't coming back to port. It's an interesting thought but who's going to buy new radios to do it? Hams already have it on 10m (and 12m if you want to deal with modulation index limitation), so not them, and you still got the long antennas and subpar ground planes.

71946-SarcasmSign.jpg

Last edited:

dbhost

I've been watching this with some interest. I personally don't have any real issues with AM / SSB on CB, but FM would be a nice addition, no license fees, no extra junk to deal with...

As I understand it, the updates were already approved / adopted, and we should start seeing changes effective in, what is it September maybe? Not sure about that.

Honestly, a nice AM / SSB / FM radio with WX would actually make me consider upgrading from my early 90s TRC-465 AM / SSB radio... From what I understand Cobra has several models that fit that bill they are seling in the U.K. under their rules already, just get them here and make it legal to use them...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier