Petition to change 25yr import rules

rover4x4

Adventurer
Keep signing, do the toyotoe guys have hard-ons for rusted out worn out barely running over priced basket cases??

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Keep signing, do the toyotoe guys have hard-ons for rusted out worn out barely running over priced basket cases??

The 70 Series has the same kind of following in the Toyota circle as the Defender does in the LR circle. It's bad.

chaos616

Adventurer
Signed also. Up to 52,290 when i signed, were getting there. I have everyone at work signing it too. Its good not only for the off road vehicles but also street as well. While I perfer a 110 over a skyline, it would be nice for everyone to have the option of both!

Cheers,

Jwestpro

Explorer
less than 10 days to get another 44,000. Seems unlikely without a surge in other forums for all types of vehicles.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
Do you really think the WH pays any attention to these petitions? They've been ignoring others of much more importance and with significantly more sigs than the 100k requirement.

If it makes you feel good, definitely go and sign; but don't expect any "shack". It's all "yack" - just like some of my old girlfriends.

All-Terrain

No Road Required
Yeah it's all BS. They don't give a **** about petitions on whitehouse.gov.

This regulation is intended to protect the US car market by making it prohibitively expensive/difficult to bring in a foreign market vehicle.

Since someone else mentioned guns, they are doing the same thing in many states with guns... making them difficult to acquire/own/carry lawfully.

Remember, for the anti's, it's not a sprint, it's a series of marathons. They will chip away at our freedoms, one day at a time.

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
I saw this same laughable petition thread over on D90 too. How many understand that a successful petition to repeal the, so called, "25 year rule" would then result in vehicles >25 years old NOT being allowed into the US without passing NTS safety requirements?

The wrongly called "25 year rule" is a 25 year loop hole. W/o it nothing can be sold in US with NTS safety clearance. Be careful what you mess with. My gut sense tells me there is a greater likelihood of the loop hole going out to 35 years than there is of it being pulled in to, say, 15 years. Who in DC would want to sign up for allowing unsafe vehicles into the US? Not our panzi-*** federal politicians.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke