Permenant import from Europe

EuroJoe

Adventurer
Afternoon all,

I was hoping some people could point me in the right direction for import cost to the US from Europe?

I have been looking online and Germany has a good range of used expedition vehicles.

As long as they are over 25 yrs old they can be brought in, I'm just curious about taxes etc from anyone who might have done it?

vehicle cost

shipping costs

taxes

Or what companies might charge to handle that sort of thing?

I grew up in Europe and have Family in the UK and France if I need to inspect of visit the vehicles.

Thanks

Joe917

Explorer
To Canada we paid ; provincial and federal taxes 13%, non-Nafta vehicle tax 6.1%. Shipping will be $5000 to$10000 (including brokerage) depending on ports (Gremany to US is on the cheaper side) Lots of brokers on line.
If you do go this route get the truck fully checked out and serviced before it leaves Europe and make sure it is clean underneath.(absolutely no soil)

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Agreed! Get the truck sorted in Germany. Make sure it has a brand new safety inspection. That way you know that nothing major is wrong.

Lucky j

Explorer
An about cleaning, make that steam high pressure clean! Cause they would charge you to have it clean in port, so you will not be the one doing it. Can be very pricy.

To Canada we paid ; provincial and federal taxes 13%, non-Nafta vehicle tax 6.1%. Shipping will be $5000 to$10000 (including brokerage) depending on ports (Gremany to US is on the cheaper side) Lots of brokers on line.
If you do go this route get the truck fully checked out and serviced before it leaves Europe and make sure it is clean underneath.(absolutely no soil)

Victorian

yep either that or they send it back where it came from.... ask me how I know.... $$$$$$$$$$

4xdog

Explorer
^^^This. Having followed Victorians experience on here, it probably makes sense to build a European trip into your budget to confirm what you're buying and especially exactly what you're shipping!

heidiurs

Adventurer
And Spareparts availability and prices.No good if rig is stranded for 6 months because of unavailable spareparts.

Victorian

Agreed. Our dealer had everything I needed in stock! Only thing that came from Germany was my serpentine belt (within two days).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles