Perfect Camp Stove Griddle?

Mdmeltdown

I know there are several options for camp stove griddles but I have never liked any of them. I am a big Dutch Oven guy, but cast iron is too heavy when using with lightweight camp stoves. The weight makes it hard to drain off grease when its full and hot.

Colghans, GSI, Ozark Trail, BassPro/Cabelas, Academy and Texsport all make griddles but they all are either heavy case iron or cheaper heat warping thin aluminum and they ALL are made to cover both burners.

I don't know about you, but, like cooking from home, I have different things cooking on different burners at the same time. I have kids and cook allot of scrambled eggs that need a high wall pan to cook on. It would be nice to cook full size pieces of bacon AND have a free burner to cook eggs or use my Coleman Oven to make biscuits.

I accidentally found the solution. This is the Nordic Ware Mini Griddle from Walmart of all places for $10. It's a very heavy gauge aluminum that almost feels cast so I don't see it warping and is lightweight with a nonstick coating. Also made in USA. No unnecessarily huge handles. Fits my Coleman Stove PERFECTLY!!!

I haven't seen anyone mention this one online so I thought I'd post here.

1614400845939.png

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
That looks like a good size.

I use a nice stamped high-carbon still griddle that's a bit bigger. I'm worried I'd destroy the n/s coating my first time out with the coated Aluminum one... :(

TwinStick

Explorer
I am currently looking for one that I can use on my Weber gas grill & my new 3 burner Stansport 60k btu camp stove. Lots of ones I like, just none in stock at this time.

Mdmeltdown

I've got a blackstone griddle with sidekick burner. i agree is kicks a**, however, it's enormous for carrying around. It stays in my camper.

This is more for Jeep camping or on the minimal side.

Ragman

The ones I currently use are cast iron (an old Camp Chef with removable screw-in handles normally) but I have been intrigued by this one at Piragis Outfitters as I try to lightweight some of the kit. I have not purchased yet.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I am currently looking for one that I can use on my Weber gas grill & my new 3 burner Stansport 60k btu camp stove. Lots of ones I like, just none in stock at this time.
I found this at Walmart years ago and was using it on my range at home that has 5 burners. Goes over three perfectly. Coated aluminum that cleans up easily with a damp cloth.

Here's a pic from Saturday while camping. Sorry it's fuzzy; was really really early and barely light out.

griddle.jpg

Last edited:

xvz12

We bought a 17" Blackstone griddle 3 years ago...since then the Coleman camp stove still goes for the ride, but most of the cooking is done on the Blackstone.

ripperj

Explorer
I ordered up the Nordic mini-thanks for the tip. I have been using a big heavy cast iron one from my home grill on my Coleman stove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SnoRnR

I’ve ordered a Nordic mini. Thanks for the heads up. Another member directed me to your thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbhost

If teflon coated aluminum cookware is your thing, that looks to be a good solution, however...

I am not sure why you seem to have an issue with CI since it appears you are using a Coleman 424 Dual Fuel. That stove easily supports my Lodge CI.

The drain wells on the flat side are reasonably deep and will allow me to render fat from about a half dozen slices of thick cut bacon without needing to stop and drain the fat.

I always have hot pads in my kitchen gear so grabbing the handles and emtpying into a can or onto the campfire is no problem at all...

I know everyone has their own preferences, just for me seems to be you are trying to fix a non issue... Of course I may be biased as I have a strong preference for cooking on cast iron...

YMMV of course...

mparker

I've got a blackstone griddle with sidekick burner. i agree is kicks a**, however, it's enormous for carrying around. It stays in my camper.

This is more for Jeep camping or on the minimal side.

I agree 100%. I had a problem with my 30 year old Colman 2 burner and had some coupons for a big box store that sold Blackstones. I picked up a single burner flat top. I took it on one trip. It worked amazingly well! I felt like a food vendor at a fair making cheese steaks for dinner then pancakes at breakfast... The deal breaker for me was it can't boil water! It wouldn't get my stove top percolator going!

In the mean time I fixed the weak burner issue in my Colman. I think the BS will be home use only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles