Pequod - A 2019 Ram Power Wagon Build

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Nice 2019 PW @nater! It's nice to see what one would look like on 37's. I am tempted to get back into a PW but the call of returning to a diesel and the heavy things we like to yank around just seems too strong to ignore.

What are your thoughts on the headlights? The headlights on my 2018 were horrendously bad.

I’m going on 2 years with my decked and love it, espically during deer season.

I love the Thompson! Which caliber conversions do you have for it?

Last edited:

Copperhead14

Observer
Those decked drawers are awesome. I installed a few on police trucks. I would buy them for my mega cab Cummins if they made them for RamBox beds.

Those decked drawers are awesome. I installed a few on police trucks. I would buy them for my mega cab Cummins if they made them for RamBox beds.
Glad to hear that you are a fan. The RamBox bed is absolutely on our "to do" list, but no promises on when that will happen. Hopefully you are still in the market when we get those out.

nater

Adventurer
What are your thoughts on the headlights? The headlights on my 2018 were horrendously bad.

I only drove a 2018 at night once (an overnight loaner from the dealership before ordering my 2019)... My thought is that the LED headlights are dramatically better at night, and the stock fog lights are not too shabby either!

I want to add some lights, but not in any hurry, if that tells you anything?

Explorerinil

Observer
Nice 2019 PW @nater! It's nice to see what one would look like on 37's. I am tempted to get back into a PW but the call of returning to a diesel and the heavy things we like to yank around just seems too strong to ignore.

I love the Thompson! Which caliber conversions do you have for it?
Thanks, I’m a huge TC fan, it’s a pro hunter fx in .50 cal, it’s my dedicated deer gun.

nater

Adventurer
A few updates... As you may know, the 2019 HD rams moved the security module. This module has to be defeated in order to use devices like the AEV Procal, or Tazer RAM modules. In previous trucks (2018's) it was behind the radio, and in the 2019's, it moved to behind the gauge cluster. Not wanting to pull apart my dash (they seem to always rattle after that), and wanting a better solution, I used the KaodTech Security bypass harness. This the only harness (that I know of right now) specifically made for the 2019 HD Rams. If you follow in my footsteps, there is an easy way to install this thing without having midget hands, and 6 jointed arms.

You are going to want to remove the small panel to the left of the steering wheel that contains the headlight switch, and dash dimmers. Once that is removed, the STAR connectors are directly behind the now open space. Dont do what I did, and pay attention to which STAR block is green/white and which one is green/black. Make sure you plug the correct plug into each one (they are labeled). The Green/Black one is viable in the picture, the White/Green one is directly behind that. You will know you did it wrong when your truck freaks out, and you are pretty sure you just broke your brand new truck.

Once your harness is installed, pick your programmer of choice (I used a Tazer), and get to work fixing your speedo and TMPS. I did notice the transmission feels better after getting the speedo calibrated! I am within 0.5 mph of my GPS at 70mph, so I will take it!

Side note about the Tazer, it has the option to enable factory auxiliary switch menus on the cluster, meaning you can add the switches, and then control them (latching, momentary, etc). The gentleman from 4th Gen Ram Electronics has a retrofit kit coming out shortly that will allow me to cleanly add 6 auxiliary circuits (30 amps each).

Attachments

• Panel to Remove.jpg
    Panel to Remove.jpg
    549.4 KB · Views: 185
  • STAR connectors.jpg
    STAR connectors.jpg
    614.7 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

nater

Adventurer
I also installed my Core Trax from Decked. These are the easily configurable tracks that allow you to have some more tiedown points (for up to 500lbs). Install was delayed by a few days due to some missing screws, but Decked made it right and sent out new screws very very quickly.

We are going to use this in conjunction with our Rough Tough Kennel, which is a solid plastic kennel (all one piece) with D-Rings on the top of it. If you have dogs, travel with them, and dont use one of these kennels, look into them. They are fantastic, and reports show that they hold up great in case of an accident (far better than any metal or 2 piece crate).

Attachments

• IMG_20190811_110415_01_01.jpg
    IMG_20190811_110415_01_01.jpg
    431.4 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_20190811_111945_01_01.jpg
    IMG_20190811_111945_01_01.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_20190811_112042_01_01.jpg
    IMG_20190811_112042_01_01.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
I also installed my Core Trax from Decked. These are the easily configurable tracks that allow you to have some more tiedown points (for up to 500lbs). Install was delayed by a few days due to some missing screws, but Decked made it right and sent out new screws very very quickly.

We are going to use this in conjunction with our Rough Tough Kennel, which is a solid plastic kennel (all one piece) with D-Rings on the top of it. If you have dogs, travel with them, and dont use one of these kennels, look into them. They are fantastic, and reports show that they hold up great in case of an accident (far better than any metal or 2 piece crate).
That is a perfect application for the Core Trax. Interested in that dog box. I need a new one myself.

BigOrca

Slightly off topic, but another up vote for Ruff Land kennels (they changed the name a while back). They aren’t quite up to the standard of a gunner, but I feel they are a great value for the price difference. I feel safe having my GSP in his.

PeteEinMT

Observer
Great Mods. Like you min ei also aimed at Upland hunting. That seems high on the Truck Vault as mine were no where near that much. It is good there are different options for everyone now and each products has its own pluses and minuses. First trip in a few weeks coming up... Sounds like AMP and white knuckle are close to releasing some steps/sliders as I have to lift the kids up every time when we take the truck. I'll consider 37's when I have steps and if AEV comes out with a Pro Cal. I was able to stuff a 35" tire in the spare location Being gout hunting remote I wanted a full size spare With a 37" you take that chance without a spare I won't put one in the bed as I need the cargo space

Pete

nater

Adventurer
Great Mods. Like you min ei also aimed at Upland hunting. That seems high on the Truck Vault as mine were no where near that much. It is good there are different options for everyone now and each products has its own pluses and minuses. First trip in a few weeks coming up... Sounds like AMP and white knuckle are close to releasing some steps/sliders as I have to lift the kids up every time when we take the truck. I'll consider 37's when I have steps and if AEV comes out with a Pro Cal. I was able to stuff a 35" tire in the spare location Being gout hunting remote I wanted a full size spare With a 37" you take that chance without a spare I won't put one in the bed as I need the cargo space

Pete

White knuckle and Maple Wagon now have bolt on sliders for the 2019 power wagon. I have not decided between the two, but I want something with a top plate (there are options for both).

I will be adding a spare, I just have not decided on if that will be part of a new rear bumper, or instead a hitch based mount. I cant give up the bed space either!

The AEV Procal is a great option but there are other options out there for tire size changes. For example, AlfaOBD is super powerful, and cheap. There is also the option I went with (Tazer).

White knuckle and Maple Wagon now have bolt on sliders for the 2019 power wagon. I have not decided between the two, but I want something with a top plate (there are options for both).

I will be adding a spare, I just have not decided on if that will be part of a new rear bumper, or instead a hitch based mount. I cant give up the bed space either!

The AEV Procal is a great option but there are other options out there for tire size changes. For example, AlfaOBD is super powerful, and cheap. There is also the option I went with (Tazer).

Have you considered a Wilco Tiregate? They don’t take up bed space if you get the vertical one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier