Pending purchase M1101\1102 with hard hat

emillika

Observer
Sorry title says M1102 it's a M105

Found this M105 local to me with Amtech Hard Hat. Going to look and possibly buy this afternoon or tomorrow pending the rain stopping. It will be used to explore the west for the next couple years to determine where I want to buy my mini ranch (20-40 acres). I have a 1/2 ton Ram crew with short box and Ramboxes (limited RTT options on bed because of the Ram Boxes.).

Seller info:

Fully equipped with fans, l.e.d lights and a boarding latter
Even has steps and handles to get on top
Spent a week in Michigan in 35 degree rainy weather only using a Mr buddy heater and I was in a t shirt
Has air vents and power cord inlets
Spare tire included

My thoughts on build\usage:

- Install a RTT? Too high? I am a bigger guy but my teenage boys can get up there easily. LOL
- Add external storage for water, gas, etc.
- Brake conversion
- On-board 12v
- External storage basket\rack (hunting)
- LED light conversion
- ATV will ride in the pickup bed.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7x7zrppdir840q5/AAA9oTDLF-EgOf3FaJ5cmTQsa?dl=0

Thoughts on using this as a base? Is $3000 too much?

Thanks!

Last edited:

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
IMHO both the price and the trailer are too much.

The 1.5-ton rated M105 weighs about 2600lbs empty whereas the 3/4-ton rated M101A3 weighs more like 1350lbs empty.

I've got a buddy who just sold his really nice A3 for less than $1k, so I'd advise you to find a decent M101A3 or M1101 instead if you go the surplus trailer route.

emillika

Observer
Thanks for the feedback. At first I thought this was a M1101 or M1102. I lost heart once I realized it was a M105.

SoDakSooner

Adventurer
You can get m105's all day long on surplus auctions for $200. The shell is cool, but not THAT cool. :) Too big. No one wants them. I'm with Switawi, stick with an m101 or m1101/2. You'll be much happier....and richer. A bunch of m101's went on auction this week, most in the 700 or 800 range. Not in as high a demand down here in the south. I got mine for about $300 plus auction fees. Typically the 1101/2 is a tad bit more, but they are generally much newer and in better shape, and the track width will fit with your truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94