Pelican 1700, garage storage unit, other stuff in north SD county

TheRoadie

Explorer
SOLD: Pelican 1700, old style (no wheels). Shipping labels can be scraped off top side with more enthusiasm than I have today. Inside fitted foam blocks were replaced years ago with a thin layer of anti-stat foam. This had been used to ship electronic backplanes around for a retrofit program. Outside dimensions 37X16X6. This is the only item I'll consider shipping from San Diego.

garagesale01.jpg

garagesale02.jpg

garagesale03.jpg

$100 pick up only: Unique trade show portable stockroom / storage unit. Used to carry spare parts, etc. on road shows, and I also used it in a short stint as the road mgr. for the world's only Moody Blues cover band. All wood - mostly 3/4" ply outside with 1X4 band reinforcing. 43" wide, 27" deep, 54" high on 4" casters (two casters steer, two are fixed). 8 drawers, 4 are 12" wide, 4 are 26", all are sliding wood on wood only - no ball bearing slides). Bottom is open area - and it's just storing stuff I need to get rid of as well.) It weighs about 200 pounds and I've put 500-600 pounds of stuff into and on top of it. Latches closed and has a lock hasp. Why pay $500 for a metal tool chest except to get the ball bearing drawer slides?

garagesale07.jpg

garagesale08.jpg

garagesale09.jpg

garagesale10.jpg

$5: Gray vinyl covered "Saddlebag" brand van floor console. Just want to get rid of this without burdening the landfill. I know it would disappear in an instant if I put it out with a "free" sign at the end of the driveway, and it's not worth shipping. Somebody's got to have a hippie van that needs four drink holders?

garagesale04.jpg

garagesale05.jpg

$15: 2 1/2 ton Sears mini floor jack with case. Tried out on my wife's Civic once. Too small for any lifted vehicle. Again, clearly not worth shipping.

garagesale06.jpg

Last edited:

Gone2Baja

Adventurer
If the pelican still available I'll take it, I'll be in Oceanside next week. It would be a short trip down to meet with you.

Thanks, Mark

Also a good excuse to drop down to Mexico for a good dinner!

ExpoMike

Hey Roadie... Did you ever use that Con-ferr rack you got? If not, I'm still interested in it. :D

TheRoadie

Explorer
Boy, I wish I had a tractor-trailer load of Pelicans. ExPo is filled to the brim with Pelican love, it seems! McTaco has dibs, but went away for the day it seems after sending a PM with a counteroffer that won't work. Waiting for him to confirm my shipping estimate now. Telwyn will take it if I don't hear from McTaco by Monday morning. Stuart - you out there?
xj_mike said:
Hey Roadie... Did you ever use that Con-ferr rack you got? If not, I'm still interested in it. :D
You have a PM.

IZZYDUSIT

Adventurer
Gone2Baja said:
If the pelican still available I'll take it, I'll be in Oceanside next week. It would be a short trip down to meet with you.

Thanks, Mark

Also a good excuse to drop down to Mexico for a good dinner!

first come first serve etiquette practiced here!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior