Peck's 2007 Nissan Frontier SE

Peck

Observer
So, after being pestered by Mike to start a build thread...I decided to do it. So, this is for you Mike.

Name: Peck
Year: 2007
Make: Nissan
Model: Frontier King Cab
Trim: SE
Engine: 4.0L EFI V6/VQ40DE
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: 4x4 w/ 3.56 gearing

MODS:
Suspension:
  • PRG Titan Upper Control Arms
  • OEM Nissan Titan Lower Control Arms
  • Radflo 2.5 Coilovers
  • PRG Steering Extensions
  • PRG/SAW Custom Extended Axles
  • Bilstein 5125 Shocks (rear)
  • PRG/Deaver 2" Add-a-leaf
  • PRG Adjustable Shackles

Performance:
  • Volant CAI w/ Ram-Air Tube
  • Jardine Aluminum Cat-Back Exhaust
  • Superchips Cortex Tuner

Electronics:
  • Clarion MAX385VD
  • Midland 1001ZX CB Radio
  • FireStik II 3' Antenna
  • BelTronics 940 Radar Detector w/ Remote Kit

Tires:
  • 285/75R16 Firestone Destination MT

Miscellaneous:
  • United Welding Supply Blue Series Tool Box - Black Powdercoat
    Filled with straps, extra fluids, water, and every tool except the one you need when you are away from home and the bigger tool box.
  • Sun Performance 10LB CO2 Kit
  • Throttle Body Bypass Mod
  • Shrockworks Engine & Transmission Skid Plates
  • PRG Extended Front Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
  • Gun Metal Gray Rattle Can OEM Wheels
  • Amsoil Fluids In Axles, Transmission, and Transfer Case

Future/Planned Mods
  • Shrockworks Front Bumper
  • Rear Bumper
  • AJ's Off Road Armor Sliders
  • Blue Torch Fab M226 Diff Cover
  • Winch w/ Synthetic Line
  • ARB M226 Locker
  • Shrockworks Transfer Case Skid Plate
  • Engel Fridge
  • Extra Lighting
  • RhinoLiner Bed Liner

The day I brought her home, March 10, 2007. Bone stock, still has the OEM mud flaps and step rails.
dsc003662.jpg

Original suspension was Icon 2.5 coilovers with PRG/Deaver 2" add a leaf and Radflo emulsion rear shocks. Solid suspension set up and did well.
1000351m.jpg

1000358l.jpg

But i couldn't leave well enough alone and decided to do the Titan Swap. The Titan Swap, for those who don't know, is actually a mid-travel set up for Gen II Frontiers and Xterras. Front suspension components bolt right in. The stance is 3" wider per side now.
1000369.jpg

1000387w.jpg

1000401z.jpg

Some recent pictures from the goneMOAB8 event. This is the Gathering Of Nissan Enthusiasts in Moab, UT. The eighth annual event was held this past May 17 - 23.
067x.jpg

mg6544.jpg

mg6513.jpg

mg6647.jpg

Thanks for reading!

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Neat looking truck mate, it's got a great stance. Gotta love low lift and big tires, it just never looks bad to me. Looks like she's fun out on the trail as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Dave

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
The truck is looking good Peck! It has been a while since I have seen pics of it. I really like the look of the wheels, I have been thinking of doing my the same color to match the rest of the Nissan gray.

Peck

Observer
Mauricio, with the Titan swap I'm sitting roughly 4" higher than stock. The the larger tires and its probably a little bit more. Definitely worth the money for I think the drop bracket lifts are meant for nothing more than looks. With the swap, I gained usable travel. Although it may not be financially friendly to you as I see you are not stateside and Titans are only sold here.

RB, I actually do have tons of mods I still want to do. I have them listed above but they would include: bumpers, sliders, ARB rear locker, extra lighting, and winch. All of that should happen within this next year, hopefully.

What I'd really like though, is a CanBack cover with rack. But those things are not cheap by any means and (to date) CanBack does not make anything for these trucks.

Alton, not sure which sliders I'd be getting from AJ. Unless he gets one to his shop, I'd be the first ones he's made for Gen II Frontiers. I just need to get back with him on measurements, goneMOAB interfered with it.

Cypher, do the wheels! Cheap and easy and changes the look of the vehicle to something a little tougher looking.

Thanks for all the comments. Hopefully I'll progress a little further into the build soon. I know my wallet doesn't like it, but my truck is feeling neglected lately.

RgrBox

Adventurer
Thanks Peck.. again really nice truck.. can't wait to see your finished product...

I have a friend with one of these, and spoke to him today about your make over.. he had a look at your pics and almost died.. can't do this so easily here in Switzerland..

Rev

Adventurer
Alton, not sure which sliders I'd be getting from AJ. Unless he gets one to his shop, I'd be the first ones he's made for Gen II Frontiers. I just need to get back with him on measurements, goneMOAB interfered with it.

Cool. I just ordered super squares from him. They look pretty mean in the pictures.

Peck

Observer
Your welcome Roger. Yeah, if you're not in the states the swap can be hard. Feasible, but not very financially friendly. PRG can deliver internationally and one can get new Titan lower control arms, but the shipping would probably be insane.

Yes Mike, with the swap I got roughly 4" of lift. I took a little loss to down travel, but so does adding spacers or cranking the coilovers on a nonswapped suspension. The Titan arms are shaped in a way that makes it hard to hit or rest on the coil bucket. I don't have nearly enough down travel to do that. I'll be honest, I was kinda worried that I went a little to high after getting everything in. But when I finally got my extended half shafts in (in the Moab condo none the less) and finally got a look at them, I think I'm well within reason. After taking a peak over at a truck with just a stock set up with the 2.0 Radflos cranked to 3", my angles are less extreme.

Truth be told, I'm not to happy with the ride right now. The coil are preloaded a bit to much and are kind of hard. It's OK though, I have some spacers to add to the coilovers so I take some of the preload off. Maybe I'll install those tomorrow...errr....today.

Peck

Observer
Well, at least you will save on shipping! :)

May I suggest the add a leaf rear lift option over the shackles.

mauricio_28

Adventurer
Yeah, I'd like to, but I am concerned about the total weight of the kit with leaf springs, and having to pay excess baggage through the nose...

Peck

Observer
I didn't think of that. Good luck with it, you'll be very pleased. :)

I just looked at my truck, I need more mods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94