PAY BACK — T100

ONE LOVE

Observer
This is payback. I have stolen your ideas, you know-how, and your innovative savvy. You have been the friend that always gets the “I need help” phone call. You're the big brother that let's little brother tag along. Expedition Portal has been there to help me along with all my vehicle dreams and problems. This is my payback!

Last edited:
J

JWP58

Very ************. I just bought a T100 that looks just like yours (only an auto...and with body damage lol).

I'm blown away with the effort you put into cleaning the interior. I need to do this, but I don't know if I'm that committed lol. Awesome pickup.

J

JWP58

Are you copying and pasting the correct links from photobucket?

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
First off, nice truck.

Second, every link should start with http and end with jpg. Wrap it in the tags and you should be able to see your pics.

You need to make sure the URL you are posting goes to the image. As I said, the image itself will always end in JPG. If it doesn't end in JPG it's not the image.

Unfortunately, P-bucket has gotten much harder to use, that's why I'm currently looking at an alternative.

FJR Colorado

Explorer
Welcome to Club T-100...

Mine:
1zn1us0.jpg

By the way, www.tinypic.com works well for pic posting.

Wildcat

Adventurer
i wish they made this model in double cab. the next gen with double cab is just too big. the t100 is just about right. nice lookin truck

ONE LOVE

Observer
This is payback. I have stolen your ideas, you know-how, and your innovative savvy. You have been the friend that always gets the “I need help” phone call. You're the big brother that let's little brother tag along. Expedition Portal has been there to help me along with all my vehicle dreams and problems. This is my payback!

You have seen all of these mods before, but I thought I would post this up for anyone who had a T100 and wanted to see what I did to mine.

Because of this forum I have wanted an expedition vehicle for years. I have fascinated with a few different platforms, like a Disco, Tacoma or an 80 series Cruiser, but ending up going with a 1996 Toyota T100.

I love these trucks. The size is just right for me and the 3.4 V6 is a solid motor. I would love to get a TRD supercharger for it, but it will get me down the road fine without it. I found this T100 from the original owner and began the build. It had been well used and needed a thorough cleaning, I mean thorough.

I stripped the entire interior. All of the plastic was covered in grime and the seats were visibly brown.

I pressure washed every bit of carpet and seating. I scrubbed them all down with a brush and soap then rinsed everything thoroughly. Then I used a shop-vac to suck up any remaining water. It really dialed it in.
Everything sat in the sun porch to bake out any smell that might still be lingering and dry them through.

The seat belts were scrubbed down with hot water and a microfiber made by Unger. This really smoothed out the pull and retraction of the belts.

The vents were clogged with dirt and smelled weird. I ran a steamer through the whole system and sprayed a full can of Lysol through switching through all of the settings at full blast. This took away the funk.

Before I put all of the carpets back in I lined the entire cab with carpet pad. Honestly, I don't know if this deadens any sound, but in my mind it does magical things.

I was running power wire for a stereo system and a few other auxiliary accessories that we will get to later.

So basically I scrubbed the hell out of the thing. It was time to put things back together.
I used a butter knife to get the carpet back under the plastic. It was much tighter now that I had that thick layer of magic carpet pad.

I wired up the amps after I threw in the carpet.

The truck has a newer Planet Audio amp running the mids/highs, but you get the idea. The Sony amp will be running a 15 sub.
The T100 has weird sizing for the rear speakers, so I got the best I could find to fit it. They are 5" Polk Audio speakers. The front speakers were Alpine components, but currently I have a set of Infinity Kappas.

The deck is a JVC. It is cool because I can hook up an auxiliary plug in the front and a USB in the front and the back. I plugged an old iPod into the rear input. The deck also has Bluetooth capabilities for phone calls and audio streaming, which is way sweet.

Last edited:

ONE LOVE

Observer
There have been a ton of cool CB radio installs on here. I decided to go with the ashtray install. I used a Midland CB with NOAA weather channels. It is way nice and I would recommend every off-roading vehicle have one. The accurate weather forecasts have saved me from getting wet on several occasions. I also threw in a PA, mostly for my scouts to yell through. The trim was minimal for this install I left part of the back attached to secure the CB in place, this is hard to explain, but the picture does a good job with a visual.

This whole setup ended up really solid. The thing doesn't budge for anything. The wires were tight to fit, but worth the trouble.

I thought the hood mount antenna would be best for me, so I ordered the stainless steel bracket that is vehicle specific for the T100.

Here are a few miscellaneous shots of the install. They really explain themselves, but I'll tell you, some of the steps were a real pain....Like getting a 6 3/4 speaker to fit proper.

So I got the interior put back in the truck. Got the stereo and the CB wired up and put in a wireless indoor/outdoor thermometer.

This truck went through a whole bottle of Protect 303. If anyone hasn't used it, I highly recommend it. This stuff is Armorall's mentor. It gives a nice finish that isn't oily and doesn't collect dirt. This 96 is looking pretty good.

After I got everything put back together my wife said it would be nice to use her laptop and have a hot pad while on long trips....

After a run to Walmart I returned home with an amp wiring kit. I ordered an inverter from Amazon earlier so I threw it in.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
EDIT: Nevermind. I musta logged in right when you were fixing all the picture links.

Truck looks great!

Last edited:

ONE LOVE

Observer
Next was the on-board air project. I didn't have any bumpers to plumb air to, so I had to use a tank. I was going to secure it under the truck somewhere, but it will stay in the cab for now. It took a lot of time to get all the right components to make this project work. Just to get the tank to work with the Tsunami compressor was a bear! After some work, it turned out pretty nice.

Mounting it on the front license plate, since that would not be disgracing my front bumper, prevents the compressor from heating up and melting the carpet.

I rhino lined the tanks so they have a nice finish. Coincidentally the driver's side seat pins down the tank nicely. The whole system takes up the floor space behind the driver. No loss for me really, since that stupid huge speaker takes up the whole half of the seat anyway.

ONE LOVE

Observer
Well it was time for tires. I love BF Goodrich tires, especially the All-Terrain. I love tall and skinny. I went with a 33X10.50. Since I was getting tires I figured I had better get some alloys too. I wanted the truck be just black and white, I hate chrome. Rhino Lining was my answer! I got the rattle can from Duplicolor. This stuff is amazing! Get a can and play with it, it is an excellent product.
I ended up blacking everything that was silver....everything.

Just the stock height will have to do for now, so I put some KYB's under to help out the ride. I would love a little lift in the future, but not sure what my best options would be....better search Expedition Portal. The truck still had the original shocks on it and gravity would compress them. I also put on the beefiest steering stabilizer that I could find. It is a Rancho. I had to put clamps onto my steering column to house this thing. It is huge and really tamed the steering wheel.

OK, OK... I got a little trigger happy with the Black Magic tire wet... pretty much sprayed everything that was black. Now its shiny black.

Here are a few odds and ends.
Mag Light holder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94