Pause overland trailer

rehammer81

Yes, I had the same thoughts about the fully integrated Garmin system. Makes me think of cars these days. Basically no hope of working on them yourself without special training and equipment. Just what you want out on a boondocking trip.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Treefarmer

Yes, I had the same thoughts about the fully integrated Garmin system. Makes me think of cars these days. Basically no hope of working on them yourself without special training and equipment. Just what you want out on a boondocking trip.

The car situation is a good analogy. One of the reasons that Kingdom Camping builds appealed to us is that the owner/builder was willing to build a trailer that is as high tech or old tech as you want to be. We're obviously going old tech. Rocker switches to turn lights on and off, no bluetooth, fuses you need to flip or replace by hand, solar components that are the best at what they do but will use remote monitors attached to the wall rather than a smartphone app, no built in phone/internet boosters or satelite TV punching holes in the roof, etc. Too many manufacturers seem to be going after the wow factor than the durability factor. Sure the single piece composite walls are cool and lightweight, but it's hard to beat the R value and structural integrity of a 3.5 inch foam laminated, wood-free, aluminum framed wall with thermal bridging insulation inside and outside (and a steel frame on the base, especially if you aren't worried about pushing a 9,000 to 10,000 lb GVWR limit.

TGK

Just saw a PDF sheet on the Pause Hiatus XC20.2. Appears to be the one that has no interior kitchen, just external. 26.2 ft long tip to tail, 102" wide, 10' 6" tall at highest point (although it apparently can be lowered 12"). 7,089 lbs dry weight & 8,700 lbs wet. The other version will apparently offer the interior kitchen in addition to the external one. Intriguing concept, but once again, heavier, longer, wider and taller than I want.

Louisd75

Adventurer
Just saw a PDF sheet on the Pause Hiatus XC20.2. Appears to be the one that has no interior kitchen, just external. 26.2 ft long tip to tail, 102" wide, 10' 6" tall at highest point (although it apparently can be lowered 12"). 7,089 lbs dry weight & 8,700 lbs wet. The other version will apparently offer the interior kitchen in addition to the external one. Intriguing concept, but once again, heavier, longer, wider and taller than I want.

Interesting that they've called it the Hiatus. Wonder what the thoughts of @HiatusCampers would be on the matter?

ROA-OFFROAD

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Hello everyone, ill try to jump in here to answer as many questions as I can. Right now the Pause
It will be higher than 100k. Dealers were told at open house that it will be 88k plus freight for dealer cost and since they will only build about 200-300 per year it will be a high margin trailer

It's got a lot of hits and a lot of misses. Aluminum frame and a 1.25" sidewall thickness and they stated a 1" roof that means it will be comparable to black series in the 4-season capability (not good in cold)

it's also got all metal cabinets inside as well, and a folding murphy bed which makes changing the mattress to a more comfortable one a pain. Lot of rhino lining outside to cover up the various imperfections.

Good step from Indiana, but most people like overlanding trailers to get away from the typical lippert/furrion stuff

The pricing was just released by the manufacturer and it starts $138k and can go up to $146k

They may not say it, but the truth is that this unit will be able to handle freezing temperatures better than they are saying. We believe it will be able to go down to about 15 degrees without modification. We should be getting one soon and we will test the winter capabilities.

We have also learned a tremendous amount in the recent days about the Garmin system and the bottom line is that most Americans have no idea what kind of technology Garmin is capable of. They currently provide aviation systems in aircrafts for commercial and for military uses. They are far more capable than people realize. Garmin is about to show the USA what they are capable of doing in the RV world. I can tell you right now its going to set a new standard.

rehammer81

$138k - $146k! Hahahahaha!

I'm not questioning Garmin's capabilities either. I'm questioning the need and desire to pay for it in an off-road trailer. Just what I need boondocking off-grid, my trailers entire functionality down to its suspension (air bag pressure) dependent on a tablet and Garmin app. Is it going to have the redundant fail safes most aviation and military systems often have for obvious reasons?

I really want to know what the profit margins are on these off-road trailers.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Not sure why companies like Pause (Palamino) and Imperial Outdoors float new trailer cost in a low ball fashion then come out with final costs being 30 % + more. In the first video s on the new Pause they say 100,000 range then it goes up to 138- 146k.

Imperial outdoors floats costs to interested customers of under 70 k then come out with starting at 125k for x145. Then realize "Oops" maybe that's to much we meant starting at 110k fully loaded at 125k.

Now Pause is feeling well the 145 is 110k we need to be more.

Garmin has been a industry leader in GPS watches and cycling computers but also crazy expensive. I agree offer it as an option but to make it the heart and soul of running all systems is adding to more things to go wrong. I bet retail it adds thousands to the costs.

Treefarmer

Someone is going to come out with a larger (7,000 to 9,500 GVWR), four wheel independent airbag suspension, off road capable trailer with a massive solar system, a north/south walkaround queen size bed, and serious four season capability (without modification) for less than $100k, and they won't be able to keep up with demand. ?

Someone is going to come out with a larger (7,000 to 9,500 GVWR), four wheel independent airbag suspension, off road capable trailer with a massive solar system, a north/south walkaround queen size bed, and serious four season capability (without modification) for less than $100k, and they won't be able to keep up with demand. ?

I am excited to see this trailer. It does not seem like it is a good time in this market to over price your new product. It is refreshing to see a company who refuses to jump on the gouging of folks business model.

rehammer81

Someone is going to come out with a larger (7,000 to 9,500 GVWR), four wheel independent airbag suspension, off road capable trailer with a massive solar system, a north/south walkaround queen size bed, and serious four season capability (without modification) for less than $100k, and they won't be able to keep up with demand.
Build it and they will come. As soon as I get back to AZ I'm in.

deymann

8’-6” wide doesn’t sound very off-road to me.

Well if it's already 26 feet long, 10 feet tall and 9k heavy going 8.5 feet wide might just give it more stability off road. Well as in off road out west we're roads are wider. My guess is thier target use for this rig is not radical off road use.

TGK

I suspect that most of these trailers will seeing duty on stretches of NFS & BLM roads as found in the western US. Most of them on the primary graded gravel as well as dirt. Then certainly on some of the secondary or 3rd level, but not likely very far on the latter. Will there be a few that push the limits? Of course. And, there will be a few who push there limits on some crazy stuff. My primary interest has always been for something that won’t self destruct on those 1st & 2nd tier roads. Get back in to somewhere interesting where I can drop it and go out exploring for the day. My F150 with the max tow pkg is rated to tow them, but frankly the tongue weights will push me to the 1,780# payload limit once the wife, dog, bikes and misc gear is loaded in. Also, I have no interest in stepping up to a Super Duty or something comparable. Had one for 21 years. Been there done that. Then, there’s the price.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles