Pause overland trailer

Porkchopexpress

Saw this on YouTube today. Looks amazing, overland in luxury.

From the video, still in prototype stage, 7-8k weight, about 100k msrp, air suspension.

Roam.Wild

Saw it yesterday too; really awesome, until he mentioned that it was 8000lbs and $100,000. Bummer. Hopefully, since this is just a prototype, they'll align it more with Black Series MSRP pricing, and then come down like everyone in the RV industry. Really sweet rig at like 60-65k

Porkchopexpress

Saw it yesterday too; really awesome, until he mentioned that it was 8000lbs and $100,000. Bummer. Hopefully, since this is just a prototype, they'll align it more with Black Series MSRP pricing, and then come down like everyone in the RV industry. Really sweet rig at like 60-65k
From the video, it seems a step above the black series inside and out.
$100k and over 8,000lbs?! Thanks for the laugh.
Off road capable luxury is heavy and expensive.

Even if it's not for you, you have to appreciate more competition in the overland market.

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
Off road capable luxury is heavy and expensive.

Expensive - yes, if built well. Nothing Palomino releases is built well.

Heavy? Not THAT heavy.

Kimberley Kruiser T3, considerably larger than what's in the video, and arguably the best off-road travel trailer in existence, 6328 lbs dry.

Bruder EXP5, another top-notch off-road travel trailer, 5070 lbs dry. Even their EXP8 is at 5952 lbs dry.

8000 lbs is utterly insane and is almost certainly due to Palomino's complete lack of experience in building anything resembling a quality unit.

Porkchopexpress

Expensive - yes, if built well. Nothing Palomino releases is built well.

Heavy? Not THAT heavy.

Kimberley Kruiser T3, considerably larger than what's in the video, and arguably the best off-road travel trailer in existence, 6328 lbs dry.

Bruder EXP5, another top-notch off-road travel trailer, 5070 lbs dry. Even their EXP8 is at 5952 lbs dry.

8000 lbs is utterly insane and is almost certainly due to Palomino's complete lack of experience in building anything resembling a quality unit.
My expertise on this is basically 5 minutes of Google research so I'm not claiming know it all status, however...
The Kimberley Kruiset T3 seems to be 173K and the Bruder EXP5 starting at 185K. The Palomino Pause would be in a different league at 100k and some trim levels are supposedly 7kish. That's only 1k more thank the T3.

Also, I can't find anything on the Palomnio website. They may try to distance the brand to avoid preconceived quality issues. Kind of like Airsteam and Thor.

rehammer81

Hmmm. The salesman and the guy filming are horrible and don't come across very knowledgeable of the off-road trailer market. It is heavy but it appears pretty stoutly built by looks. Poking around on their Facebook page I saw a couple different floorplans I think. $100k for a Palomino product is hard to swallow at this point. I wouldn't be that guinea pig. Definitely need more details. I'm glad to see more U.S. manufacturers taking interest in the off-road market.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Treefarmer

Another "off road" trailer rolling out before they are ready to give us any real details about how they are built and what they are capable of. The guy that did the video has a habit over the years of overhyping every trailer that is released and claims to be off road capable. Most of them have just been regular trailers outfitted with all terrain tires and a little bit of suspension lift. A few months ago, he couldn't stop gushing about how the Black Series are above and beyond on quality. So take everything said in that video with a grain of salt until you can do some due diligence. Right now, you can't find out any important details about the Pause trailer, how much it costs to order, or where you can order them. They specifically did not talk about items like who makes the suspension, how the walls/roof are made or how cold hardy it is. I noticed the on demand hot water unit is the same cheap Chinese brand that Black Series uses (with the cool Italian name to throw you off). I don't think an aluminum frame bolted together is a very good idea for an off road trailer with a fully independent air bag suspension. Maybe they're hoping people will be distracted by the cool Garmin all encompassing technology and nifty graphics to notice the real details. Like many other new "off road" trailers being rolled out right now, it's all currently flashy marketing without much substance. There are so many manufacturers out there doing some really innovative things in this space. This trailer probably won't end up being one of them, but it has a shot at being a step above the Ember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne