Partsflyin's Mild 03 Frontier Build

mikeJKUR

Adventurer
Took a quick overnight trip to Potts Mountain up in GWNF. It's good for the soul to get out in the woods....

potts.jpg

potts4.jpg

potts3.jpg

potts5.jpg

Great looking frontier. I had a Gen2 and loved it.

partsflyin

Adventurer
My buddy that built my rear bumper and is doing my sliders has all sorts of projects going on in his basement. One of which is a honda powered kid buggy.
Its nearing completion and everytime i go over there, i ended up having to drool over the tires he had on it. They were not exactly what he was looking for but he found them on c-list for a deal.
After finding the single weak point of my rugged terrains (mud) I started trying to buy the tires with no luck.
I finally found a set of tires on craigslist to work out some trading and came home with these.

20141008_125236.jpg

32 x 10.50 x 15 TSL Radials.

I mounted them up on the factory alloys, so now I will have a set of dedicated wheeling tires.

partsflyin

Adventurer
Took some time today to bolt up the wheeling rubber, check clearance etc....

20141012_151831.jpg

I really love the look of the more aggressive tire on the factory wheel.

20141012_151854.jpg

Ride and drive did not suffer as much as I had anticipated, I used Equal for balancing and am very pleased. Noise is real.....

partsflyin

Adventurer
Off topic for a bit but i recently picked up another dirt toy to help feed my addiction.

2014 Polaris RZR 800. Fun toy !!

20140915_185736.jpg

Bit the bullet and installed some hand controls to make driving it a bit easier. Well worth the effort and expense. Before I couldn't quite be as rambunctious as I wanted. But the hand controls really let me turn it loose.

20141004_165947.jpg

Simply push the lever forward for braking, "roll" it rearward for throttle.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Holy crap those are some beefy tires!

I had a set of those on my old 1979 Chevy. They rock in mud and loose stuff but my god they are terrifying in the winter.

Those RZRs are great fun! Right up until you roll them. Ask me how I know...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

partsflyin

Adventurer
Been quiet for a while but am excited to share that I found a bunch of parts that I been searching for for quite some time.
Picked up a wrecked 03 Xterra yesterday with some cool parts. HG49 axle code. Gonna upgrade to the H233b rear axle and swap in the front diff. For sure too air lock the rear before installation ....
Stay tuned..

partsflyin

Adventurer
Picked up the parts donor rig with the shop roll back .

20150502_130313.jpg

I have made a slow start getting it stripped. I have been very pleased with the condition of the parts I am to reuse.

Goodness started arriving today....

20150520_182357.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz