Parts of the MABDR

RJ Howell

I should have just started a new thread on this vs. adding to the old one so here it is.

We ran several sections of the MABDR as we traveled northward heading home from Tennessee. A few sections I bailed on mainly because we're traveling solo, a couple due to just missing the turn (or not figuring out which way to go) and a couple were single track.

Much of this was pavement as others had told informed. This does not make it any less interesting, but puts you in some very unique rural areas! I loved the drive!

MABDR starts about 4 minutes in.

[tube]

ramblinChet

Did they add more sections to the MABDR?

When I drove the entire route last year it began on a dirt road in Damascus, Virginia and traveled north-north-east from there and 95% of it was on dirt trails through the forest. Where did you find the information for your route? I pulled mine directly from Backcountry Discover Routes.

RJ Howell

Routes come from the same folks. I received a lower section that starts just north of Waynesville. A few sections we passed on due to seeing what looked 'tight' for my rig. We only completed MA 1-3. I hope to do the remaining traveling south at some point.

RJ Howell

Continuing north through the Mid-Atlantic! We jumped on and off the MABDR depending on what we saw of road/trail condition. I picked up a 'click' in the steering which turned out to be the steering shaft (easy replacement) so I was being extra cautious.

We found what I call a small Canyon on this portion and ended up driving yet another very curvy road. This one is actually named the Curvy Road. It lives up to it's name!

[tube]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz