Parts Availablilty by Make

Viggen

Just here...
Question for you guys: I am looking to import a dual cab as I do not want any of what is available here. I grew up with Isuzus and love them. I had and wheeled our version of the Rodeo (4 door SUV) and am really interested in possibly bringing over your version of the Rodeo (ute). My concern is parts supply. The easy route is to go with a Hilux and just get part numbers and order through the dealership network here but I really do not like the Hilux (cramped, cheap interior, etc...). So, how readily available are Isuzu parts over there? Isuzu pulled out of the market here so I cannot use the same method for getting spares as I could with a Toyota.

flashkiwi

Question for you guys: I am looking to import a dual cab as I do not want any of what is available here. I grew up with Isuzus and love them. I had and wheeled our version of the Rodeo (4 door SUV) and am really interested in possibly bringing over your version of the Rodeo (ute). My concern is parts supply. The easy route is to go with a Hilux and just get part numbers and order through the dealership network here but I really do not like the Hilux (cramped, cheap interior, etc...). So, how readily available are Isuzu parts over there? Isuzu pulled out of the market here so I cannot use the same method for getting spares as I could with a Toyota.

Put simply (and to quote the classic Australian film 'Castle') "Tell him he is dreaming...."

Plenty of Isuzu's in Australia and NZ (with NZ having many second hand direct from Japan). Parts are in reasonable supply (depending on the model) but freight will be a killer

The issue will be importing one into the USA -they will be right hand drive and as far as I understand they will need to be more than 25 years old. And that leaves you will some real high mileage clunkers. Probably cost you 4 times as much in freight that it costs to buy one.

The only one I could find in Oz.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Isuzu-Trooper-1986/SSE-AD-3393337/?Cr=0

Several more in NZ.....(http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/)

I would look at a plan B ;-)

Pntyrmvr

Adventurer
Hi,

Jump on the Delica Canada forum and ask for help finding importers and parts suppliers for Japanese trucks. The rules in Canada start at 15 years so we have a head start on the oddball, but fun Far East stuff. I've read many posts about importers and suppliers there.

Regards,

Gavin

"Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money."

Viggen

Just here...
Thanks for the input. I have been speaking with an importer for some time now and can get one in without much drama and since it is not a Toyota, the costs of one that is in very good condition (searching Gumtree) is much less expensive. My main concern would be non critical spares and their availability. I have nothing against Toyota but the interiors and rear seat/ cab room is pretty bad compared to contemporaries. The plan would be a repower to something available here pretty immediately. Basically, I am looking for a body and frame with comfortable interior to play with. Everything else will be touched somehow. Finding Holden Rodeos is a little tougher but it can be done.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles