Partner Stoves?

AML

Adventurer
I still haven't even checked yet. Getting ready for another camping trip in another couple weeks, I will give it another try. Thx

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
Adding my two cents about how much we like our Cook Partner. We went from a Camp Chief, that never really worked right to having the regulator blow in the middle of Idaho. Called them again and CC said they could ship me a replacement for $58 (I know right, to where?) so we nipped off to an outfitter that we found in Boise and we bought their display model (I also bought the repair kit). Two years later, 187 days of camping and not even a slight problem. It cooks on high, on low, in 40 mph gusts of wind in Utah, at nine degrees F, at 11,000 feet. It just flat out works.
I do have piped in gas on my trailer with a quick connect from a 20 lb propane bottle.

Last edited:

AML

Adventurer
I missed your post. Sorry. I have used it a few more times with no problem with a large tank. I haven't tried it again with a 1lb tank again though. I might take you up on it if I can't get it to work. I suspect operator error :). Thx

verdesardog

Explorer
Can you connect the Partner Stove to an RV propane connection?

The partner stove needs a high (12psi) gas supply, most rv propane is regulated to about 11" water column (less than 1/2 psi)

Don't ask how I know this lol

Anyone need a 24" 2 burner stove? Really I think I'll just keep it for further use down the road.

verdesardog

Explorer
The stove needs higher pressure than most other RV appliances, would require two regulators one low and one high pressure. My trailer is already plumbed for low pressure, I have a low pressure stove, heater and campfire in a can (home made), maybe my next build will have two separate lines.....

Basil.

The partner stove needs a high (12psi) gas supply, most rv propane is regulated to about 11" water column (less than 1/2 psi)

Don't ask how I know this lol

Anyone need a 24" 2 burner stove? Really I think I'll just keep it for further use down the road.

If your actually looking to sell it id be very interested... send me a PM or email Basil@BasilLynch.com

spressomon

Expedition Leader
What parts did you use to secure it to the stove? What are the specs on the feet. Are they the Low Head Knurled Head Thumb Screws in 5/16" with the 3" length, 2.25", 1.75", 1.5" or 1" length?

https://www.mcmaster.com/#thumb-screws/=15roqei

or https://www.mcmaster.com/#91746A448

the nut serts / rivet nuts. Link to those please?

You could even use a bolt instead of more expensive thumbscrews. I suggest using the longest bolt/thumbscrew the stove can store; I used 2-1/2" long thumbscrews and they give plenty of leveling ability for most normal camp use. Link to mine here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/60021-Partner-Stoves?p=871389#post871389

And I "upgraded" the stupid (IMO :D) "wavy" SS rod windshield holders after being exacperated with them not holding the side wings solidly in bigger wind events. I used a long #8 screw, bent it to fit, incorporated a couple brass thumb-nuts per side and I've not cussed them since swapping them in many years ago. Link to photos of the windscreen supports I fabbed on a former PS 3-burner (same system as I have on my current 2-burner PS stove): http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...er-Steel-3-Burner-Stove?p=1729170#post1729170

Threaded nut-serts/inserts: See attached.

Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 3.33.15 AM.jpg

Last edited:

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Too bad Partner doesn't utilize griddle handles like Chef King uses on their steel griddle. OTOH the Chef King carbon steel griddle is, overall, more useful cooking at home and on the trail alike for me. The hard anodized PS griddle spreads the heat from the relatively small PS stove burners better than steel but the Chef King is more durable and once properly seasoned (not difficult to do) provides an easy to maintain non-stick cooking surface that can be used with any type of utensil (SS, wood, etc).

And with a SS chainmail scrubber cleaning "pad" in your kitchen clean up kit it makes clean up easy and non-eventful (along with any cast iron, steel or stainless steel pan/griddle).

Just my experience and 2 cents after owning/using them all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior