Parting Out 96SR

evomaki

Observer
Everyone,

I am parting out a 96SR. Some of the popular items no longer available are the radiator, rear drive shaft, red ball shifter, and fuel tank. I dropped the TC out of this to practice the swap. I intend to put 3.15 gears in my gen 2.5, which uses the same TC. Removing and replacing the TC are easily 75% of that project. Dang, is that a hassle. Engine on this one is the DOHC and has a spun rod bearing. Body panels still good. Has the 4.67 gears and the air locker. I could probably mail the locker compressor to someone. Long shot, but would anyone want the vehicle for free other than the hassle of picking it up in Atlanta? This one way too far gone to consider a re-build. Was a NC mountain car. Decent rust underneath. Not structural, but nasty. Also, would anyone know if these CV's (Pic's hopefully attached) look like the OEM 100MM ones? If so, I'd probably harvest these for spares. Otherwise not worth the hassle. Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg
    598.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0859.jpg
    IMG_0859.jpg
    555.3 KB · Views: 22

evomaki

Observer
Nothing. It would be free. Glad to see if someone can get some value from it. The condition is pretty far gone. Been sitting around for a long time. The real main items likely of any interest would be the 4.67 geared differentials, locker and air pump. Sure, there are other bits from transmission to all the glass, turn signals, you name it, but I'd think mostly the gearing would be of interest.

plh

Explorer
CV sizes is stamped in on the OEM joints. Its kinda hard to see, but should be there. Will have a 100 or 95 stamped in. (tiny stamping)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles