(partially) new Tundra coming?

Red13

Impressions thus far?

I like it much better than my 2016. Handling on the road is far superior. The fit in the cab feels tight but the center console is bigger than the 2016 but overall feels more comfortable. The technology features are much better.

That's all i got for 200 miles so far. I got a trip north this weekend and will get a few more hours and can speak on the gas mileage.

ITTOG

I like it much better than my 2016. Handling on the road is far superior. The fit in the cab feels tight but the center console is bigger than the 2016 but overall feels more comfortable. The technology features are much better.

That's all i got for 200 miles so far. I got a trip north this weekend and will get a few more hours and can speak on the gas mileage.
Does it now have android auto? Or is it still Toyota's system, I forget what they call it.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Flat rear floor is really really good, one of the biggest gripes I have with my Ram 2500 vs the F250's....

Toyota's have always had the low seating/high leg position, well my FJ40 didn't, but all the modern Toyota's from the 90's forward have felt that way to me....being taller, I really don't like it.
I found the same thing. I'm 6'2". Maybe 6'1" now. I might be shrinking....

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
View attachment 701202
View attachment 701203

Just got it last week. SR 5 with the TRD Off Road package
Nice truck! I was between Army Green and Lunar Rock. That's the same model I drove. But, in the US there are a lot more option packages to choose from.

For SR you can pick the SR5 package and add the TRD OR or TRD Sport package to it. That it. You can't option tow mirrors, sunroof, bigger screen, etc...

They all come equipped one way. Not sure why Toyota Canada wouldn't offer the same optional packages as Toyota USA.

Last edited:

bkg

Explorer
Buddy just texted me with pics of Tundra's w/ cabs off. Story is turbo issues, which are only accessible with cab off. Few owners posting picture of CEL's and even ""Parking Support Brake Malfunction. Visit your Dealer" on the (incredibly small) dash LCD.

I have no idea what a Parking Support Brake Malfunction even is.... electric parking brake?

nickw

Adventurer
Buddy just texted me with pics of Tundra's w/ cabs off. Story is turbo issues, which are only accessible with cab off. Few owners posting picture of CEL's and even ""Parking Support Brake Malfunction. Visit your Dealer" on the (incredibly small) dash LCD.

I have no idea what a Parking Support Brake Malfunction even is.... electric parking brake?
I'm sure that is the E-parking brake - I hate those things!

Reactions: bkg

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper

Are you able to share the pics?

nickw

Adventurer
aha! I had a rental a couple of years ago with one of those things... Did. Not. Like.
Those e-systems like drive by wire, parking brakes, e-tcases, dial trans shifters, etc really help with packaging and cleaning up interiors....but just something else to fail.

bkg

Explorer
Are you able to share the pics?

Let’s see if this works…. Doesn’t really show all that much… but looks like what I typically see when I take my f350 in for service - bunch of cabs in the air

EDIT: said turbo wastegate failures(????)

Attachments

• CF7AE333-068B-4C29-ACF5-73BF7534F6B0.jpeg
    CF7AE333-068B-4C29-ACF5-73BF7534F6B0.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 61
  • 6068680C-6CDE-4AAB-9233-C7F38A668EA7.jpeg
    6068680C-6CDE-4AAB-9233-C7F38A668EA7.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 64
  • 6A52A502-4682-4534-9377-A9F3A90AB257.jpeg
    6A52A502-4682-4534-9377-A9F3A90AB257.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 65

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Let’s see if this works…. Doesn’t really show all that much… but looks like what I typically see when I take my f350 in for service - bunch of cabs in the air

EDIT: said turbo wastegate failures(????)
A bad batch of waste gate actuators is the rumor, requiring replacing a whole assembly. If it's true kind of a major stumble but it happens.

I also wouldn't necessarily read too much into lifting the cab off. It might be just because engineering is doing more inspection. Or they're coming up with service procedures. I seem to remember Ford doing this on Super Duty to replace glow plugs or something.

Anyone who has a 05+ Tacoma or 03+ 4Runner and has done upper control arms knows that the way these trucks were assembled makes getting the long bolt out impossible unless you cut it and to put a new one back in you have to slightly bend the fender lip. I think that's even the way a dealer would do it, bend the edge of the sheet metal which risks scratching paint.

But I doubt a month after they were introduced that would have been the suggested procedure if there happened to be an issue. They'd have lifted the body off I bet, reversing the factory assembling steps as they try to figure out the issue. At this point Toyota is footing the bill and probably has factory people there.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier