(partially) new Tundra coming?

D

Deleted member 9101

The side and back look really sharp...but whom ever designed the front was clearly on a different sheet of music. It looks like an oversized Corolla...lol.

Wallygator

Adventurer
The Yota fan boys have been saying "direct injection and twin turbos aren't reliable" for over a decade. Wonder if they'll change their tune since Toyota is now doing it?

Is find it kind of odd that the payload and tow ratings are so low. Wonder why they didn't try to compete with the domestics?

The whole article is click bait and speculation. Where in the article does it say anything about what the new payload and tow ratings are?

Also yes it's going to be reliable, Lexus engines are extremely reliable. An tuned for truck duties with low end torque it should be even more reliable than that motor in the LS500

phsycle

Adventurer
The whole article is click bait and speculation. Where in the article does it say anything about what the new payload and tow ratings are?

Also yes it's going to be reliable, Lexus engines are extremely reliable. An tuned for truck duties with low end torque it should be even more reliable than that motor in the LS500

Wonder if the hybrid version will be modeled after the LS as well.

86scotty

Cynic
Well that rendering is pretty fugly and knowing how the truck grill wars are going, it wouldn't surprise me if that what the outcome is of the restyle.

I couldn't agree more. Why the powers that be think we all want an 8 foot wall for a truck grill is beyond me. And to make the rest work you wind up with a 6' bed rail height that no one can lean over in to actually use the truck bed. Then we have to have all of these steps and ladders and crap. All this is before the obligatory 6" lift.

Look at the hideous domestic grills, especially the 3/4 tons. Toyota will do whatever the big 3 do because they think that's what all 'Muricans want. And we have all seen the rolling blasphemy they've done to Lexus designs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online