(partially) new Tundra coming?

Wallygator

Adventurer
All half ton trucks are life style trucks. Imo when the current gen Tundra came out it raised the bar for work for half ton trucks. 13 years later I think the competition has caught up. We love ours but I'm not super optimistic about the new one based on the 3rd gen Tacomas.

All the farmers, ranchers, and welders I know are buying works trucks that have things the Tundra doesn't. Things like air condition seats and diesels. When you're driving 35k miles a year and breaking your back to make money those massaging seats are nice. The only people who like stripped down "work" trucks are fleet managers and Luddite outdoor enthusiast ?

I love stripped down "work" trucks and that is how I plan to buy my next one in a few years.

phsycle

Adventurer
I would have thought the 4Runner would get a makeover around the same time but guess it’s still 2 years away.

Wallygator

Adventurer

View attachment 619925

Looks like the same mule as previous. I wonder if there will be a new cab coming or, will it be a carryover like how the 2021 F150 kept the cab from the previous truck?

Cab is supposed to be all new according to the rumors. Toyota is very secretive and no surprise they are running the old cab. Keep everyone guessing.

rruff

Explorer
Artist's guess on the new model. The hood actually allows for slightly better visibility, bucking current trends. Do you think that will actually happen?

Everybody is saying the V8 is dead and only V6 turbos and hybrids will be available.

2022-toyota-tundra-rendered-with-evolutionary-design-hybrid-v6-expected-150040_1.jpg

D

Deleted member 9101

Makes sense. MPG in the V8 is atrocious.

That's one of the main reasons that I didn't buy another one. My F150 gets better MPG crawling in traffic than either of my Tundras did at 70mph on the highway.

Even with larger tires and being leveled my F150 gets better MPG than my Tundras did stock.

D

Deleted member 9101

The mileage on my truck is t any worse than any other v8 engine.

Funny thing... The Ford 5.0 and the Chevy 5.3 can easily get over 20 MPG on the highway. Haven't seen any Tundras getting over 20mpg....

phsycle

Adventurer
Funny thing... The Ford 5.0 and the Chevy 5.3 can easily get over 20 MPG on the highway. Haven't seen any Tundras getting over 20mpg....

Hoping with the revamp, they’ll address that. V6 turbo should be a good upgrade. PHEV would be very ideal for me. EV range of 20-30miles would be more than adequate for an average daily mileage (although if we go back to the office, it’d be nice to have 50+).

Plus, having a generator for camp outs would be pretty sweet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz