Papa's Off-road Trailer Project

FN4PAPA

Well its been awhile since I posted, I have been working alot of the trailer and it's finally ready for paint... Just to recap, this is suppose to go where ever the jeep can go. It will have two sections that rise up on electric screw lifts, the first shell will create a 6'ft high space in the center of the trailer that is basically a full bathroom. Above that another section will rise creating an "attic" that you will climb into from inside the bathroom. It will have a height of about 4' and there will be two twin beds on either side of a 24" hatch. On the outside there will be a full pull out kitchen. The trailer will carry 35 gals of fresh water and another 5gal bottle of drinking water. There is still so much to do I not sure it will ever be done... stay tuned for some better pics once some of the pannels are attached... cheers

Attachments

• DS 7_9_22.jpg
    DS 7_9_22.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Front 7_9_22.jpg
    Front 7_9_22.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 69
  • PS 7_9_22.jpg
    PS 7_9_22.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 69
  • PSFC 7_9_22.jpg
    PSFC 7_9_22.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Pullout Area 7_9_22.jpg
    Pullout Area 7_9_22.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Rear 7_9_22.jpg
    Rear 7_9_22.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 63
  • RDSC 7_9_22.jpg
    RDSC 7_9_22.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 66
  • Suspension 7_9_22.jpg
    Suspension 7_9_22.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 68

FN4PAPA

Made a little more progress on the rig... got a few panels installed... I decided to go with self tapping screws and Sikaflex 221 for the exterior panels. on the outside I am using Nidaplast panels skined with .032 5 Bar Alum plate. The Sikaflex is incredibly strong all by itself and maybe I don't even need screws... my order for 3M VHB tape from TapeCase was on a long back and I have come to the realization that making some of the panels removeable might be a good idea if I want to make modification later, so I am going to attached the interior panels to the frame members with velcro.. well see how that goes... I can always attach them permantly later.. on a side note, I have discovered there are a lot of fake 3M VHB tape products out there.. if you are buying them on Amazon they are probably fake.. TapeCase is an authorized dealer for 3M so a good place to get the the VHB tape but right now they have a long lead time...

Besides a few of the panels I got my Outside Kitchen cabinet installed and the shower pan for the interior... More later...

Attachments

• Kitchen Shelves.png
    Kitchen Shelves.png
    679.1 KB · Views: 64
  • outside of trailer with first pannels.png
    outside of trailer with first pannels.png
    671.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Temp Finished Floor.png
    Temp Finished Floor.png
    509.2 KB · Views: 59
  • sump - Copy - Copy (2).png
    sump - Copy - Copy (2).png
    743 KB · Views: 57
  • Floor Supports - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.png
    Floor Supports - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.png
    604.1 KB · Views: 53
  • shower pan - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.png
    shower pan - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.png
    599.6 KB · Views: 56

FN4PAPA

Well, been busy working on the trailer and it's coming along... I have done very serious renovations on lots of houses and this trailer is just as much work.. it's really a little house with framing, wiring, plumbing, cabinets, finishing and suspension to boot... building one of these things is no small job... Here is some progress pics... so much more work to do thou...

Attachments

• Locking Gate 1.jpg
    Locking Gate 1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 47
  • Locking Gate 2.jpg
    Locking Gate 2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Locking Gate 3.jpg
    Locking Gate 3.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 39
  • locking Gate 4.jpg
    locking Gate 4.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 40
  • locking Gate 5.jpg
    locking Gate 5.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 44
  • locking Gate 6.jpg
    locking Gate 6.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 43

XKTX85

This looks like an awesome build! I'm building a trailer now, and felt like it was a lot of work but it ain't nothing compared to what you have invested in this. Thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles