Panoramic Shots

photoman

Explorer
Well, the boat we were on was built in the 19th century, ( really ) so I thought that look was kind of appropriate.

Here is a more frontal view, in color

coastal%20glacier%20pano%200401--XL.jpg

And here is another glacier in B&W

coastal%20glacier%20pano%20monochrome%200097--XL.jpg

These are so awesome! I will be up there in June and can't wait!

Pathfinder

Adventurer
They were stitched in LR from 4- 6 frames.

Just hover and shoot in Landscape mode - rotate the camera bit by bit for each frame - shoot in Manual mode of course

It is hard to believe you can really shoot multi frame panos from a hovering quad copter, but it does fly that stable unless the wind is blowing. I have a friend who shoots multi-row panos - that is really wild from an aircraft

And the shutter speed are not fast either - these frames were shot at 1/30th of a second. Friends tell me they can shoot at 1/4 sec and get sharp images - I have yet to try that.

Last edited:

Boost Creep

Adventurer
They were stitched in LR from 4- 6 frames.

Just hover and shoot in Landscape mode - rotate the camera bit by bit for each frame - shoot in Manual mode of course

It is hard to believe you can really shoot multi frame panos from a hovering quad copter, but it does fly that stable unless the wind is blowing. I have a friend who shoots multi-row panos - that is really wild from an aircraft

And the shutter speed are not fast either - these frames were shot at 1/30th of a second. Friends tell me they can shoot at 1/4 sec and get sharp images - I have yet to try that.

nice. i'm still using p2's with gopro's so i'm a bit more limited on shooting options but theres no reason not to try it. just didn't know if a pano mode was a feature built into the p3 and i didn't know about it

Brewtus

Adventurer
Lake Abert north of Lakeview, OR; Oregon's only saltwater lake. Taken from atop Abert Rim +2500ft , the longest exposed fault in North America.
DSCN3001_stitch_zps5sxjba8z.jpg

Someplace in central oregon on or near the OBDR 3.
IMG_0716_zpswhbc8nim.jpg

Someplace in south central oregon on or near the OBDR 3.
DSCN3310_zpszb3mutf5.jpg

Kerensky97

Xterra101
Some pictures from the rim of the San Rafael Swell.

View from the Link flats above Lucky Strike Mine, 500ft from camp:
20160416-4160580-Pano.jpg

Sunset up on the Link Flats next to my campsite:
20160415-4150522-Pano.jpg

South Fork Coal Wash, from the Ghost Rock North Overlook, I-70:
20160416-4160662-Pano.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior