Pandemic impact on vehicle prices: what do you think?

billiebob

Not sure about the rest of the web sites but ebay motors is offering 10% of what they had last month.
Be interesting to see what happens to collector car prices which have been accelerating for the past 10 years.

Be interesting to see how many auction houses crash in the next 12 months.
The wealthy will always be wealthy because they will quit spending.

Mike W.

Not sure about the rest of the web sites but ebay motors is offering 10% of what they had last month.
Be interesting to see what happens to collector car prices which have been accelerating for the past 10 years.

Be interesting to see how many auction houses crash in the next 12 months.
The wealthy will always be wealthy because they will quit spending.
Collector cars have been down since 2008 and really in the dumps the last 3 years. I have a 70 Plymouth GTX that's almost perfect..I could have sold it for $50,000 in 2007 about $22,000 now..I'm doing the dirty and dropping a Hellcat hemi in it with a Lenco 4 speed..Always wanted a 1000hp car..

Msand

Importer
An EarthRoamer just sold for $60,000 and I saw an Earth Cruiser 4x4 fuso on Gumtree Australia last week for $102,000... etc etc, its best to hold on to vehicles right now unless you really need the money, that being said, lots of people have to sell, and I'd 100% take full advantage of the deals as it can make you a significant amount of money.

I buy, sell, and import exotic cars as a hobby, and I just bought two 2012 Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-4's for under $100,000 combined, 2016 lamborghini huracan lp610-4 for $91,000 and a 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO for $26,000. All private party sellers from Portland, Southern California and Missoula. Sold the LP610-4 today for $158,000 and its being loaded up to go to the UAE on Monday. So, yeah if you see deals on Craigslist or another vehicle site, lowball it even more and pay cash and you'll most likely be the new owner, and then either enjoy the car or flip it- that is very frowned upon here on EP apparently, but after all cash is king.

Last edited:

justbecause

perpetually lost
Collector cars have been down since 2008 and really in the dumps the last 3 years. I have a 70 Plymouth GTX that's almost perfect..I could have sold it for $50,000 in 2007 about $22,000 now..I'm doing the dirty and dropping a Hellcat hemi in it with a Lenco 4 speed..Always wanted a 1000hp car..

fj40 prices have done nothing but climb since I sold mine in like 2010ish. I would love to be proven wrong and pick up one of the nice restorations I have seen on line. But first I need a super duty on fire sale.

jadmt

ignore button user
An EarthRoamer just sold for $60,000 and I saw an Earth Cruiser 4x4 fuso on Gumtree Australia last week for $102,000... etc etc, its best to hold on to vehicles right now unless you really need the money, that being said, lots of people have to sell, and I'd 100% take full advantage of the deals as it can make you a significant amount of money.

I buy, sell, and import exotic cars as a hobby, and I just bought two 2012 Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-4's for under $100,000 combined, 2016 lamborghini huracan lp610-4 for $91,000 and a 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO for $26,000. All private party sellers from Portland, Southern California and Missoula. Sold the LP610-4 today for $158,000 and its being loaded up to go to the UAE on Monday. So, yeah if you see deals on Craigslist or another vehicle site, lowball it even more and pay cash and you'll most likely be the new owner, and then either enjoy the car or flip it- that is very frowned upon here on EP apparently, but after all cash is king.
The paying cash Statement always makes me wonder how else are people Offering to pay?

Msand

Importer
The paying cash Statement always makes me wonder how else are people Offering to pay?
Loads of people offer stock, bit coin, land/property, etc..I've had weird offers from EP members. But when I say cash I mean, you go and see the vehicle and tell them you can pay them that day within 30 minutes, no financing shenanigans or delays with getting them money and no needing to wait 7 days to a week for a cashiers check to clear.

jadmt

ignore button user
bank to bank wire transfer works well too and funds are available instantly. Lots of scams using cashiers checks. You would think a bank would be able to tell instantly if a cashiers check was valid but they can not for some reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior