Palomino ss550

92unlimited

So I tried searching but couldn't find much about this specific model of camper.

Me and my fiance ( and two large dogs ) are debating selling our house and starting to travel more. I will be working 3 weeks on and 7 weeks off, so we would be on the road for around 6 weeks a time. We like exploring off the beaten path so forestry roads, light wheeling. I currently have a 2019 ram 3500 with the 6'4" box. So questions I have...

I'd like a camper i could close my tailgate with does the ss550 fit in a 6'4" box?

Build quality of the palomino, I've heard mixed things. Not sure if it would hold up to our travels or not. I just simply cant justify a 30 plus grand fwc, plus I could pay cash for a palomino.

Also am I lunatic to think 2 people and 2 dogs could basically live in a small camper?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

UHAULER

Explorer
I would look at northstar pop up campers. In my opinion much better quality. And yes I think you are crazy with 2 people and two dogs, but a lot of people do it.

92unlimited

I would look at northstar pop up campers. In my opinion much better quality. And yes I think you are crazy with 2 people and two dogs, but a lot of people do it.
I live in canada. No dealers for them up here.

MuleShoer

Adventurer
Had one interior quality is poor, they are low cost for a reason. Got rid of it after a year.
if your not towing why not leave your tailgate off or down the extra two feet will be worth it
check out halmark

92unlimited

Had one interior quality is poor, they are low cost for a reason. Got rid of it after a year.
if your not towing why not leave your tailgate off or down the extra two feet will be worth it
check out halmark
Cause in the winter months I will most likely be towing a trailer and the 3 weeks in working I will have a trailer on here and there.

92unlimited

I thought you were looking at used. I would rather have a 5-10 year old Northstar, FWC or ATC camper than a new Palamino.
Ya if I could find one I'd definitely do that. I've been looking for about 2 years and I've seen 1 fwc come up for sale. I will keep looking though.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I thought you were looking at used. I would rather have a 5-10 year old Northstar, FWC or ATC camper than a new Palamino.
I was about to say the same about a quality used unit over a new junk unit, I have spent about 12 hours a week for the last 3 months researching campers and ended up on an older Texson/Northstar that is in amazing condition.

92unlimited

Awesome well thanks guys for the Info. I'm gonna try to waitfor a used unit to pop up. I have periodically been checking but unfortunately we basically only have a fwc dealer in canada so it's very hard to find used units.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94