Pajero Mk2 SWB MIVEC Build

CharlieNorth

The factory claims 265ish HP.
The tuners claim an easy stock output of 280-290 and well into the 300s with good headers which I will have.

I just got back from 9 days out at the Oshkosh Airventure and trying to got my head back into the work mode. We flew a 48 plane formation flight into the airshow, damn cool to land 4 aircraft diamond formations together.

Last edited:
Reactions: plh

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
Been to Oshkosh myself a few times. Hope you had a good time, heard some people camped in the museum for a few hours.

CharlieNorth

Cool, Osh is big time now, been active there for decades. Started my addiction 40 years ago at Sun &Fun when I was at Embry Riddle. Followed with my first time to OSH 38 years ago, missed a few years in the '90s while starting a business.
It was Hot this year and I have a bad leg that got aggravated early, kept my mileage and spirits down.
Flew in this year in a 48 plane Mooney formation. That was real cool even while I was just right seat.
Here is our one night camp in the museum, got crowded later on.

Su1WymS.jpg

CharlieNorth

I am back working on engine accessories. Making good progress mounting the PS pump, alternator and AC compressor. My goal is to keep these part tucked in tight. I am utilizing the much more compact car engine pulleys rather than the truck pulley that sticks way out front and is well known to generate harmonics which tear it off the crank. The steering pump is a Gen 2 Montero unit, this is utilized since the later pumps as well as any off a car have considerably different output and pressure curves for rack & pinion systems. The alternator and AC compressor are the '08 Eclipse units, plenty fine for the task in hand.
The PS pump is now mounted on a modified block mount bracket, it needed to be moved out from the block to allow for a sufficient range of adjustment. This took some cutting, welding and a few machined parts. I could shoot more detailed images should there be interest.
I would have loved to be able to utilize the factory Eclipse alternator and AC comp brackets, but they needed to be raised up to clear the differential. At this time they are bolted in place but far from complete.
x0SraYt.jpg

UEHaI1u.jpg

GXeMoiz.jpg

Other side in the next post.

CharlieNorth

Task at hand now, since this was a FWD engine it had a bulky accessory - engine mount up front.
This morning I am shaping a simple cover to close this off to keep gravel and rodents out of the belt.
s0NTyyD.jpg

dZ5FfHI.jpg

hoUIc5U.jpg

o77R6Ca.jpg

CharlieNorth

Done for now, mostly done to the point I can tension the belt. There are a few tweaks to do and install a dowl pin to lock the arm from rotating. I believe this is stiff enough so it's frequency is out of the natural harmonic range of this drive.
2ONVp8D.jpg

rOzFuBG.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles