Pajero Gen II reborn

BOPOH

Explorer
more like a clone. Apparently chinese company Changfeng got license for pajero II and some of the mitsu engines and now starting to sell them. Here is the exampleLINK it has slightly different body and name varies by market.

changfeng-liebao-q6-china-launch-1-660x417.jpg

miloe79

Observer
It just goes to show that the Montero is such a great platform that is being re-released 16 years later..

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Here are a bunch more photos and specs. 2.4L 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive, leaf spring rear. NOT a Gen 2.5...

Leaf springs aren't so bad. The front is listed as double wishbone. Still think it's torsion based? Would love to scrap that with a more conventional IFS set up with more travel!
Weird to see the interior remain so similar. The exterior looks timeless and fresh to me, but the interior....not so much. Also odd to see the transfer case shifter on the wrong side:

leopaard-q6-012.jpg

leopaard-q6-017.jpg

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Leaf springs aren't so bad. The front is listed as double wishbone. Still think it's torsion based? Would love to scrap that with a more conventional IFS set up with more travel!
Weird to see the interior remain so similar. The exterior looks timeless and fresh to me, but the interior....not so much. Also odd to see the transfer case shifter on the wrong side:]

You CAN scrap the torsions, look here http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/122879-any-reason-to-not-go-with-coilovers

plh

Explorer
Weird to see the interior remain so similar. Also odd to see the transfer case shifter on the wrong side:

This is the correct side for the T-Case shifter with a 5 speed. Exactly how my '92 looks. (almost the entire interior!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94