PacS14 Montero 2.5 not really a build thread...yet.

PacS14

Adventurer
One thing that I've noticed after the timing belt replacement is that the engine runs better and that it seems to have a better power curve. The truck used to do a bad bearing sound or like a belt going bad, I used to think it was my alternator but I reinstalled all the belts back and same alternator and the noise is gone and now the truck runs so much better. Maybe the tensioner pulley was that bad that affected the engine performance or it might just be a mental happy feeling.

PacS14

Adventurer
A small update, my best mpg per tank so far is 17.2 mpg since timing belt. Also power steering seems to not struggle anymore when turning the wheel at a stand still with the 33" tires. Overall power seems to be there when before it would struggle, maybe the disconnected ground that I found and reattached had something to do with it, and finally my sunroof seems to work again, it suddenly stopped working and I had to close it with a Allen wrench last time, but alas now it works, unfortunately the little plastic piece that lifts up when opening at the front and lowers itself when closing the sunroof seems to have been forced last time when I used the Allen wrench and I remember it was really hard to close it. So I might have to replace it or just take it off. I will work on it eventually.

PacS14

Adventurer
So I was having the transfer case shifter ball problems and I bought a replacement for the disintegrated one that was the obvious culprit of my problems. So yesterday o decided to tackle it and what would you know one of the three bolts holding the shifter in place against the plate fell into the transfer case...

So I didn't have time to finish and now have find it somehow, I tried using my magnet but although I could reach deep into it I was not able to find it, so I will be buying a inspector camera to see if that helps to avoid having to drop and open the transfer case.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I hate to tell you this, but the part you took off didn't need to be removed. The plate over the opening with the larger 4 bolts is what should have come out....

rahee006

Observer
how did the felpro valve cover gaskets fit? were they blue in color?
when i installed them on mine, they looked a tad bit bigger then the overall perimeter of the valve covers.

PacS14

Adventurer
I hate to tell you this, but the part you took off didn't need to be removed. The plate over the opening with the larger 4 bolts is what should have come out....

Yes I realized that after the fact. I still don't understand why Mitsubishi used bolts there, I mean they could have at least been welded on.

how did the felpro valve cover gaskets fit? were they blue in color?
when i installed them on mine, they looked a tad bit bigger then the overall perimeter of the valve covers.

It was slightly longer, but I managed to get it to fit by force long enough to install the valve cover and luckily I have no leaks.

PacS14

Adventurer
Finally got around to find the bolt and the new red ball is installed and truck running great. Unfortunately my front driver side window regulator that I had replaced snapped the top pulley and my window went down, luckily it has a lifetime warranty and the new replacement is installed already. Damn I missed driving the Monty. Now I got to flush the differentials and transmission eventually. I might order all the front suspension stuff to while at it.

PacS14

Adventurer
I like this build, good job man,

Thanks I have a full time job and go to school,plus wife and a child, I wish I had more time to upgrade, but so far most of what I do is maintenance, the tires were due and there's not need to upgrade anything on the suspension to make them fit that's why I bought the 33's I'm off from school this semester so I'm going to try and make it count as soon as I stop going out to training classes.

PacS14

Adventurer
Well an update took longer than just that semester of school. Long story short I got deployed, got hurt, got surgery, now I can walk and do normal things again and been busy. I'm still on active duty, now I got two two month old twin boys (vasectomy here I come). As far as the month I still have to do the valve guide seals, coming soon, and I found a stowaway2 cargo box to solve some of the limited space when using the seats as a bed, remember I like that part and don't want to get rid of the sests for space. I'll post pictures from Tapatalk as the website says the files are too large and is too much effort to resize pictures on my phone.

PacS14

Adventurer
Here are the pictures, it is used, but everything is there and all I need is patching a small crack and get a new key, but for $80 that I paid for it I'm really happy as I would have never paid the $700+ new price tag. I will clean it up then post pictures of it installed.
143b48536995984e732cfa51af42e38d.jpg
3d11756beef0e5adbdfead78e5c637ae.jpg
6620366014a452f7942fc8672cb03a02.jpg
06340c4a5a3b33b2ac2b21b382a38243.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

AZPAJERO

Observer
Thank you for your service and congrats on the twins! I literally could not imagine two 'babies' at the same time. Godspeed ;)

PacS14

Adventurer
Thank you for your service and congrats on the twins! I literally could not imagine two 'babies' at the same time. Godspeed ;)
Thanks! It is a lot more work than one kid that's for sure, we have a 4 year old and I thought it was going to be more work just not as much as it is, but with all that said we love them so much and is awesome looking at both grow up, I'm looking forward to do a lot of exploring in the Monty when they grow up.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

PacS14

Adventurer
Congrats! My 4 year old loves it too, she constantly asks me when are we going to go on another trip in it, since she knows it'll be somewhere in the woods with mud and trees all over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior