OzWagon - My HZ75 series Troopie

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Love your new Troopie Lance! What a neat rig. I’ll have to come check it out next time I am in Phoenix.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Hey Larry you are welcome to DRIVE it next time you are in phx :)
And I really want to get up to Colorado and run with you & Bill

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Hey Larry you are welcome to DRIVE it next time you are in phx :)
And I really want to get up to Colorado and run with you & Bill

That would be great!

Bill lent me the Australian 4wd Action videos you gave him. I watched 3 videos last night one another this morning. Plan on finishing up the other 2 tonight! Those are awesome, I am hooked! Thanks for that!

1leglance

I am doing things a bit different with this build thread...
there are parts that are worth standing alone so others can search & find...
this seat/frame setup by Travis of Safari Pacific is one of those.

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=871416#post871416

ozwagon-19.jpg

1leglance

One of the great things about summertime is my son & I have been able to tackle some fun mods on the Troopie getting it ready for getting into the dirt.

Most kids I hear about these days are more into computers than cars, into online games instead of how things work in the real world and since my younger son is interesting in becoming an engineer I figured taking the time to teach while we did the mods would help us both (I get free labor out of the deal :)

Huge thanks to Travis of Safari Pacific for building the custom dual battery tray, a very nice dead pedal for my fake leg and installing the Extreme Outback Air compressor setup under the rear doors.

Here are some pics other mods....

First off I got some great red LED lights from Travis & combined those with white LEDS I had to give me light on each rear door and inside the rear.
ozwagon-25.jpg

ozwagon-26.jpg

Using the National Luna Dual Battery Kit from Equipt gave me plenty of cable to run a heavy line to the back which will power the Extreme Outback compressor and a fuse block for lots of other goodies.....most important will be the National Luna Fridge!
Oh and the relay is for a reverse light I had laying around.
ozwagon-27.jpg

ozwagon-28.jpg

And that free labor I mentioned comes in real handy when it comes to teaching about the importance of prep work before applying sound deadener & insulation :)
ozwagon-29.jpg

Those LED lights are gonna work great shinning down on our new rear door panels with pockets & drop tables...here you can see Martin building away at our first attempt.
ozwagon-30.jpg

Some stuff has just been silly fun, like finding a use for this long LED string, it makes a great under hood light.
ozwagon-31.jpg

And that killer nice heavy duty dual battery tray combined with the compact Odyssey batteries (wired up perfectly with the NL kit) means we had room to add an ammo can for storage of something, we just don't know what yet :)
ozwagon-32.jpg

Some projects had been more for teaching than anything, like painting the grill. Sure it shows off the "diesel" well :) but it was a chance to teach about prep/paint on a small scale before we get to the inside of the rig.
ozwagon-33.jpg

I will try to snap some photos of the air compressor mount, spring shackles and other stuff Travis did, all top notch!

Upcoming....well that is a long list but we are having fun!

1leglance

Big shout of thanks to Krystal at Camelback Toyota Parts and Murf (member of the Copper State Cruisers) hunting down parts for me...
No pics but today I got in upper & lower radiator hoses, fuel filters, timing belt/gasket, water pump/gasket and some other odds & ends....she has been great at sourcing me what I need for an Oz spec rig, and best of all if it isn't the right part she has been excellent about returns & finding the right bit.
Great service that I highly recommend

jmdjax

Adventurer
Big shout of thanks to Krystal at Camelback Toyota Parts and Murf (member of the Copper State Cruisers) hunting down parts for me...
No pics but today I got in upper & lower radiator hoses, fuel filters, timing belt/gasket, water pump/gasket and some other odds & ends....she has been great at sourcing me what I need for an Oz spec rig, and best of all if it isn't the right part she has been excellent about returns & finding the right bit.
Great service that I highly recommend

It's lookin good so far Lance!

1leglance

mini van seat....I think Toyota or something. There is a guy here in Phx on Craigslist who sells as many as you want so I got 4 matching ones :)
I wanted something that would fold flat and make a sleeping platform base along with my storage boxes

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Those BETTER be Toyota seats! :) Gotta keep the Troopy parts in the family, you know.

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
Congrats Lance, love the truck. funny i just picked up an 88 model 62 a week ago. not to many rust free ones here on long island... ill be watchin the build...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94