OzTent Owners, Carry Bag Question

hoser

Explorer
I casually keep an eye out for used rooftop cargo boxes. The heck with the case, I'd just throw it in the box. No more strapping down. This one might be able to accommodate an RV-5 (Packed Size: 79"(L) × 15"(W) × 11"(H))

Thule Alpine Pulse
External dimensions 88.5 x 25.5 x 12.5 in
Internal dimensions 82.75 x 23.5 x 10.5 in

355690_sized_900x600_rev_1.jpg

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
I casually keep an eye out for used rooftop cargo boxes. The heck with the case, I'd just throw it in the box. No more strapping down. This one might be able to accommodate an RV-5 (Packed Size: 79"(L) × 15"(W) × 11"(H))

Thule Alpine Pulse
External dimensions 88.5 x 25.5 x 12.5 in
Internal dimensions 82.75 x 23.5 x 10.5 in

355690_sized_900x600_rev_1.jpg

Yep....the Thule will hold the RV5, side curtains and front room, plus chairs, tables and odds and ends. I still carried my RV in its bag, in the Thule. Good luck!IMG_0551.JPGIMG_0552.JPGCarried mine that way for five years. IMG_0551.JPGIMG_0552.JPG

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Thanks, it looks like you might have the Thule Pulse Medium? The Pulse Alpine looks a bit lower profile?

maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry, can't recall the model. I've had it for 8-9 years and just keep recycling onto different trucks. What I can say is it's tough a nails. It's been all over Moab, Rockies, longa$$ roadtrips, tree hit, all sorts of weather and still is in great shape. I've never had a Yakima box, but highly recommend a Thule box. IMG_1195.JPGIMG_1697.JPGYou'll enjoy whichever one you go with.

Ripper

Adventurer
Man, I forgot all about this thread. I ended up buyin a Drifta bag back in May. What an improvement! After shipping it was about $175 or so, and I got it in about two weeks.

bomar

Adventurer
I have same issue.

Weird part of it is the oz tent that I bought 10 years ago the bag holds up great.

Bought a newer one (4 years old) and one trip to CO on roof and the bag is trash. The other tent bag has made many many 10s of thousand miles on my roof.

Also the tent material is not as good as my older one. Sad quality has went down.

Grak

I really like the Oztents, but the 6+ foot pack length is a showstopper for me. Does anyone know of something similar that packs down to 4' or less? Love the thick canvas, tall ceiling, square "room", and open "porch" the Oztents have. Kodiak is about it that I can find.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Got my OZ tent bag from Drifta today via Australian Post. 17 days from Gloucester NSW to Denver Co. I'll put the tent in tomorrow and check the fit. Bag seems to be well made.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Thanks for asking. Much going on. Amazing the things that fill the day when retired. Haven't put the bag and tent together yet. Soon.

edit: Next morning. Old bag is inside new bag, (for now) room to spare at ends and all around. Canvas is a bit stiff but it is only 31 deg F this AM. The straps around the bag have click snaps to adjust. There is an included extra strap with click buckle to put around the tent to help secure it. The zipper is relatively easy to move (still 31 deg) but canvas is stiff. The zipper has a flap covering it to help keep out water. Good design.
The bags are available in three colors, I chose black.
I really did not 'need' a new bag but I have extra parts for the tent (fly and sides) and I wanted to be able to include them in the bag. Don't know how much I will be able to stuff in there yet. Surely, at least, the fly.
So, I am pleased with the purchase and considering the value of the Australian dollar to the US dollar, it was a good buy.

Attachments

• DSC00556.JPG
    DSC00556.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 39
  • DSC00557.JPG
    DSC00557.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 39
  • DSC00558.JPG
    DSC00558.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Forum statistics