Ozark Trail 5-Person SUV Tent

mulze22

Hello everybody,

I've been looking at tents that connect to the back of my Sequoia as I have just built a sleeping platform for it but now also am interested in adding the tent as an extra room. I have looked at Napier and Backroadz (I think that's what it is) but also came across the Ozark Trail SUV tent. I know that OT can be hit or miss but was wondering if anybody has any experience with these?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-5-Person-SUV-Tent/780297684

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Pretty heavy at 22.5 pounds

3557bb97-a671-4252-8fa0-4468cc57e226_3.80377352df0683c0fe3f125029c47345.jpeg

ffaa15f2-6695-40e3-a463-eae013e8e4a5_1.e4fc6acd2864cc3a01a95727be31e6d9.jpeg

mulze22

Pretty heavy at 22.5 pounds

This is true but the gym has served me well recently.... ;P But in all seriousness I did see that and am taking that into account but as of right now I won't be going for long periods at a time so weighing down the vehicle won't be a huge issue.

Saenzm

Did you end up buying this? I just bought it and plan to use it Memorial Day Weekend. I will make a video review when I use it. I will be attaching it to my van though, so we will see how it goes. Cheers, Mark

Last edited:

mulze22

Did you end up buying this? I just bought it and plan to use it Memorial Day Weekend. I will make a video review when I use it. I will be attaching it to my van though, so we will see how it goes. Cheers, Mark

I didn't. I couldn't find any information or reviews or even mentions of it so I never pulled the trigger. I will be very interested in seeing your video review of it however because I'm still intrigued.

browniejb1988

I would also be interested to know what the setup time is in the real world.

its sitting in my cart. pending review i might pull the trigger. perfect add on for my seqouia. dont always wanna drag the camper.

...update... its a decent tent. 2 teenagers set up and slept in it. heavy thing. havent hooked to truck yet. i have better tents, but this is a great loaner tent or let the kids use it tent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles