Overloaded 2005 Wrangler unlimited

flamingfalcon64

I have a problem for which someone here must have a solution. 2005 Wrangler unlimited...3.5 inch Rock Krawler lift on 35s.
PROBLEM: add camping gear for two and I'm on the bump stops all the time. Rock krawler suggested internal airbags. I don't like them, but they appear to be working, at the moment.
Has anyone upgraded their rear springs to handle more and if so, how?
Thanks, Paul.

LJRubiReal

TheRealDeal124
My Jeep LJ has the OME 400lb static load 2.5" springs with 35s and a 1.25" Body lift. I have the ARB Rear Bumper and tire carrier, 32 Gallon Genright Safari Gas tank and an 80lb Tuffy Rear drawer. Springs have held up fine and the jeep still has the "rake"

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
I had the same problem and I swapped out to the Teraflex Outback Overland springs. No more ridding the bump stops.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I've had AirLift air bags in the factory springs of my LJ for years. They work great with extra loads, which in my Jeep can include a roof top tent, kitchen/fridge, extra spare, camping gear, etc. Highly recommend them.

RacerAV

I have a problem for which someone here must have a solution. 2005 Wrangler unlimited...3.5 inch Rock Krawler lift on 35s.
PROBLEM: add camping gear for two and I'm on the bump stops all the time. Rock krawler suggested internal airbags. I don't like them, but they appear to be working, at the moment.
Has anyone upgraded their rear springs to handle more and if so, how?
Thanks, Paul.
1: Which airbags did you install?
2: What don't you like about them?

PhulesAU

Explorer
Let me get this straight. you went with a lift for articulation on the rocks and rough terrain and complain about it when you over load it???

Vinman

Observer
I've had AirLift air bags in the factory springs of my LJ for years. They work great with extra loads, which in my Jeep can include a roof top tent, kitchen/fridge, extra spare, camping gear, etc. Highly recommend them.

Do you know the part number of the bags you run?

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Do you know the part number of the bags you run?
I didn't remember the number so I looked up the original invoices. It's part # 60811. According to the invoices, I've had them in my LJ since July 2011 and in my Wrangler pickup since May 2008. After about 130,000 miles in the LJ and 80,000 in the pickup, I still highly recommend them.

Definitely help with loads :).

FloridaLoad_zpsn2dxcapv.jpg

And with loads on the trail...

Mojave2_zpsquvzegag.jpg

iceaxe1967

I had same issue with my TJ, have HD ome springs. Rotated the rear springs with a relocation kit, now it barely settles with a week worth of gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94