OverlandHardware.com is for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxyaks

Adventurer
Did you buy your domain before or after overlandhardware.net.....and how come I have never had Overlandhardware.com pop up in a search for Overland....Or a search for Overland gear....an interested buyer would probably really like to see it pop up on page one in a search for overland gear....

I just bought overlandinghardware.com for $10 bucks, anyone wanna give me $20

Correus

Adventurer
Did you buy your domain before or after overlandhardware.net.....and how come I have never had Overlandhardware.com pop up in a search for Overland....Or a search for Overland gear....an interested buyer would probably really like to see it pop up on page one in a search for overland gear....

I just bought overlandinghardware.com for $10 bucks, anyone wanna give me $20

Exactly... I'm constantly searching out websites that deal with 'overlanding' and such and I've never heard of this one or have had it pop up.

Correus

Adventurer
BTW, I still havent checked out your website. Wont give you that hit at this point. You could be selling ice cream sundaes fed to the customer by naked women, i still wont go.

Unfortunately I did check out the website...

I'm still trying to figure out what is so special about it.

Under the 'protection' and 'tools' section all I'm seeing are items you can pick up at WallyWorld or a big-box hardware store for a fraction of what he's selling the stuff for. For example:

"2 Hasp, 3 Locks(1 extra lock for your rack or pioneer tools), & Lock carry strap $ 130.00"

You can get those locks (Master Lock, Brinks Promax and etc) for less than $15 each. My father bought a bulk purchase of them - 12 per box Master Lock - for $7.50 each.

Have a feeling he's trying to cash in on the 'Overland' portion of the name due to the craze for overlanding type stuff.

carleton

Please PM me if interested!
Granted the "product line" is meek, but the URL is about as "good as it gets"!
I am a busy guy! So if you are interested (and have the $$$ to back yourself up) please contact me! If you are just "blowing smoke"... than go BL*W someone else!

Rules of the classified section include posting a price. Given that this "announcement" reads pretty much like a classified ad, I think that courtesy should apply.

I think potential buyers really want to know what we are talking about here.....

Joaquin Suave

OverlandHardware.com
So, seriously though. Help me to see, why would someone pay you big bucks (hence the numerous dollar signs) for a domain? They are a dime a dozen. Why would they pay you big bucks for 18 year old code, which is easily compromised? Why would they pay you for your admittedly "meek" "product line" and deal with your attitude?

I mean this very seriously. What's your hook, that makes you think that what you have is worth some money? What's the diamond in the rough there?

Honestly no hook! it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that Overland Hardware is not my primary business. I started it when "overlanding" first started to become a "trend" and designed my hasps then started making them on my 5 axis machining center and NC lathe. Sales were good to start with then became a burden because I had to "baby sit" & coddle my "expedition" customers because they were not capable of using a tape measure or reading instructions! OR just wanted to waste my time yammering on about the cool rig they were "bolting together" from off the shelf stuff with hopes I'd comp them a set.

So now years later, I am down-sizing and really am getting tired of how "fern bar" this trend has gotten... And am simply putting OverlandHardware.com up for sale! And NO, I do not want my time wasted by wana-be's and did not take it well when Correus mentioned that he could just as easily "bag" my concept (which I feel is VERY telling about how much of a "dog & pony show" this whole "overlanding" kookfest has become)!

But hey, if you don't like me or my "take" on the situation... It's OK! I have plenty of friends.

ThundahBeagle

Look, I'm all for Archie Bunker's dive bar over some Yuppie place any day of the week but I wouldnt hold a Christmas party there.

"Bagging YOUR concept?" Dood (as you put it), selling vehicle-related camp gear is not your bag and your alone. This very site probably has it's own shop, as does OB and others. Selling tents and Leathermans and hasps and locks, it's all been done. Maybe you make a special hasp. So be it. I hope you built a better mouse trap.

But if you are getting out of sales, sell your hasp idea.

And if you hate it here so much, what the h3ii are you still doing here but assailing yourself upon people who are trying to have a nice time?

Joaquin Suave

OverlandHardware.com
But if you are getting out of sales, sell your hasp idea.

That is what I am trying to do, but with the URL! Personally I think the URL is more valuable to the right person than the hasps.... But what do I know?

Correus

Adventurer
That is what I am trying to do, but with the URL! Personally I think the URL is more valuable to the right person than the hasps.... But what do I know?

If that hasp is such a good thing is it patented or at least copywrited? If not, your SOL because you've posted enough pics anyone could copy it.

ThundahBeagle

Yeah, today, domains are a dime a dozen and a person can have thier google search options optimized. I bet your special hasp idea is worth more to people who do what we do.

Best of luck

Last edited:

Ramdough

Adventurer
All,

I have known J…… (won’t use his real name here) for many years now. He is an original overlander with many decades of experience and has done multiple businesses over the years. He has made great products in multiple markets. Not usually the cheapest, but good quality.

He has usually been no nonsense and does not always suffer the mall crawlers that call themselves overlanders. That may not be the best business model for making money or even selling his business.

18-20 years ago, everyone on these forums (even before expo existed) would have probably known of him and/or respected his opinions. Through the years, he has withdrawn a bit from online chats while focusing on other stuff.

My point is….. his sales pitch may not have been the best, he may come across a bit harsh some times, but he is a solid guy…. So maybe lay off a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior