Overland XJs Unite!

TXTrailHawk

We need some details and specs on that. One good looking rig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!

2000 XJ Sport
-4.5 Rubicon Express lift
-Bilstein 5100 Shocks
-ARB Deluxe front bumper
-Warn winch
-Smittybuilt Rear bumper/tire carrier
-32" BFG MTs on Rubicon 10A wheels
-Dana 30 front axle with Lokka locker
-C 8.25 rear axle with Lokka locker
-Homemade roof rack with surround LED light bars
-the surround LEDs are great when wheeling at night or setting up camp
-Homemade limb risers
-Napier Precision hood vents
-ZJ leather seats front and rear
-Limited overhead console
-Custom Trailhawk decals

Davev1954

Supporting Grouch
I like that your limb risers actually go above your LED light bar. I see a lot of them that direct the branch right into the light:Wow1:

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
So do you guys run long or short arms on your rigs?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am still on short arms, but am at about 6" of lift on my XJ. That is about max for a short arm lift, and I feel it. A bit rougher ride than before when I was at about 4", but manageable. I am so glad I got the adjustable upper and lower Control Arms.

Not a great shot, but this was the day I had it installed. If I had my choice, I would go Long Arm.

Makarios

Here is my 2001 Sport overland build in progress that I started when I bought it completely stock a few months ago:

- RE 3.5" Super-Flex with Monotube shocks (Bilstein's badged as RE)
- 31" BFG AT tires (my only real regret so far but I didn't know any better at the time)
- Whynter 45qt fridge + cover (you'd think their own cover would have the foot holes in the right spots)
- Yakima gutter mounts, crossbars and Loadwarrior rack with the extension
- 50" LED light bar (Amazon special) with Hooligan Off Road mounts
- knucklebone hitch mounted tire and jerry can holders from Detours Off Road Hardware (Jerry can carrier was a custom build but he plans to offer it for sale)
- custom built storage box for the rear

Accessories:
- secondary accessory deep cycle battery (standalone)
- Renogy 100W Solar suitcase
- Viair 90P compressor
- ARB tire plug kit
- Hilift jack
- assortment of recover gear - straps, chains, shackles, axe, saw, shovel etc
- lots of other "crap"

Coming soon(ish):
- Foxwing awning (should get here tomorrow), am going to have to jerry-rig something up to stop the hatch going up so high, thinking some kind of strap that is easy to connect and disconnects needed
- Frame stiffeners and sliders, already on order from Detours
- front and rear backbone bumpers from Detours that use the original bumper skins
- reverse lights (after tinting it can be a bit tought seeing out the back in dark parking lots and the like)
- winch, I could cheap out on this sooner but would rather save for a Warn with synthetic rope
- Maxtrax
- Trasharoo
- Cb Radio + antenna

On the wish list:
- ARB front & rear lockers
- snorkel (would have to do it properly and breathe all that needs it unlike most builds I see where they just do the air box)

On to photos:

View attachment 259145

View attachment 259146

View attachment 259147

View attachment 259148

View attachment 259149

where did you get that LED mount from??

i like your XJ

ibanezer

Adventurer
So do you guys run long or short arms on your rigs?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have The IRO long arm kit on mine. I went straight from stock to this lift, so I can't really compare long arms to short. When I was researching lift kits for mine, it seemed like most people think Long arms ride better. I will say that I like that my arms are 2" tubing now and not that paper thin stuff that the stock ones are.

HercDriver

Adventurer
For those of you who camp/weekend wheel, how do you guys fair with open diffs? I plan on getting a lunchbox locker for my front D30 and I have a stock LSD TRAC LOC sitting in the garage to go into the 8.25.

Im really afraid to get stuck somewhere. Do lockers make that much of a difference to justify the cost?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior