Overland XJs Unite!

BlackClassic

If Not Now When?
I picked up a Specter Performance cowl snorkel and a set of Currie Johnny joints as my RC's are shot. Once that is done, it is GTG. Even after sitting for a couple weeks, fires first crank purrs like a kitten.

QUOTE]
You'll like the spectre intake, my Brother (Beardus Supremus) has one on his rig and loves it. Sounds mean when you get the rig going too!

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
You'll like the spectre intake, my Brother (Beardus Supremus) has one on his rig and loves it. Sounds mean when you get the rig going too!

I have heard that they were a pretty good unit, and you cant beat the price at Summit Racing (was $159). Sunny days are upon us soon, this project will start soon followed by a 2nd battery tray where the old air box went before.

iluv83vettes

Adventurer
I have heard that they were a pretty good unit, and you cant beat the price at Summit Racing (was $159). Sunny days are upon us soon, this project will start soon followed by a 2nd battery tray where the old air box went before.

When I bought it from summit it was $150. Plus over the last couple years, Spectre has had mail in rebates that started at like $50 and kept going down over time. I sent mine in to get $20 back, but never received anything.

I have also been trying to find a driver's side battery tray, but the only option I have found is the $150 one from quadratec and other places but haven't heard many good things about it.

mudbutt

Explorer
dSf6L8v.jpg

(Off topic)

Okay... I feel dumb.... What kind of critter is that??? Is it a weasel?

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
When I bought it from summit it was $150. Plus over the last couple years, Spectre has had mail in rebates that started at like $50 and kept going down over time. I sent mine in to get $20 back, but never received anything.

I have also been trying to find a driver's side battery tray, but the only option I have found is the $150 one from quadratec and other places but haven't heard many good things about it.

I might just make up my own... not sure what size battery I am going to go with, probably a group 24 Deep Cycle for house power...but I am undecided on using it mixed with a starting battery?

idaxj97

Adventurer
Garvin Industries makes purple people eatters rear bumper kinda nice with all the add ons you can put on but spendy for a bumper that looks like a mod'ed tj bumper.

88Xj

Banned
Thanks. I know I want the dirtbound front bumper...I just love its look. I the rear I think custom will be my best bet. I want cut & fold that ties into the body, a swing out that doesn't use a spindle, so probably a delrin type bushing. Also must hold 2 Jerry cans (1 water, 1 gas) & a high lift, and have a 2" receiver.

Chi-Town

The guy under the car
Be careful with a delrin bushing as they do deform and crack quite easily when decent weight is applied. You are probably better off with a tapered bearing set-up.

88Xj

Banned
Be careful with a delrin bushing as they do deform and crack quite easily when decent weight is applied. You are probably better off with a tapered bearing set-up.

Hmm this i didn't know..back to the drawing board I guess? Can you pm me with any or advice you have on the subject?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94