Overland Vehicle Choices?

07Chevy

Hello,

Sold the 07 Chevy awhile back and bought a 06 470. It’s been a great vehicle and I’ve taken it on many 5 hour one way/ 300 mile trips to the Ozarks. It’s currently sits at 201,000 miles. But now my wander lust has grown and I want to start going on some farther expeditions. I’m thinking Utah/ Colorado/ Wyoming maybe even Canada. These will all be 1000-1500 miles/ 18 to 30 hour one way adventures.
I KNOW this is the Land Cruiser forum, but wanted to ask for some advice on vehicle choices. Get the 470 running as best I can, replace any wear parts etc, or look for a lower mileage rig- if the lower mileage option- 200 Series? Tacoma? 4Runner? Jeep?

Thanks .

Amazigh

I bought a 200k miles Prado 120 (GX470) and 2 week later took it on a 3 month 10k miles Africa trip last year. March this year I set of on another similar trip although corona meant much less mileage.

Keep the GX well maintained and it will do the job easily.

RND1

Observer
Assuming you have an LX470, I wouldn't be concerned about 200k miles as long as you've kept up on the maintenance? Should be on it's 2nd timing belt by now, steering rack known to need replacement about now ($$$$), and AHC are likely the big issues with your rig. If you're rig has no rust underneath, I would keep it and get ready for your trip!

MOAK

Adventurer
Keep the 470, it’s just now broke in. I’ve 320,000 miles on my 450. It is a semi-daily driver, ( I’m retired ) and we take it on 10,000 mile tours every year, along with a lot of short trips closer to home. We’ve dumped a pile of money into it over the last three years. ( top end, front and rear mains, oil pump seal, new cats, etc ) I do all of the other little stuff myself. ( bushings, brakes, power steering pump, etc ) point being? I know what I have, I know what it can do, and I’m confident in my meticulous, anal retentive, maintenance schedule and record keeping. Be happy with yours and keep driving !!

4xfletch

200k on a LX470 is nothing. And a 2006, that's a good year. I would love to find one like that for sale. Hmmm.. On Second thought, sell that POS. Its gonna die any day now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles