Overland Utility Trailer Build

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
I haven't but it definitely isnt light! I would guess 1250 dry. Sometime I will take it to get weighed.

Hahaha I betting closer to 2250 dry!
Good build. I had planned to build somthing simular but came to the realization my 4cyl 4runner didn't have the oomph to move it. Now I have a 80 series so back thinking about it.

pdsftw

Adventurer
Hahaha I betting closer to 2250 dry!
Good build. I had planned to build somthing simular but came to the realization my 4cyl 4runner didn't have the oomph to move it. Now I have a 80 series so back thinking about it.

You are probably right. I think the empty service bed weighs about 5-600 lbs. In my mind I guess I am not really accounting for the things like spare tires, RTT, cabinetry, etc.

In any case, it pulled decently at highway speeds with the v6 tacoma, but that's here in flat TX. Wouldnt be fun going up a big pass. The good news is that this trailer will soon be pulled by a v8 diesel.

blazinchuck

Bronco Enthusiast
awesome build! i just picked up a s-10 utility bed trailer yesterday. it was built on the s10 frame. i noticed it towed nicely otw home...so i checked and the oal was 11' from the back of the bed to the tongue...i want to build a new frame...does that sound too long?? my utility box is 6' thanks,Chuck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles